Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from GA doing a crazy swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from GA doing a crazy swap

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the LS world (historically a Ford guy) but am quickly falling in love with the LS. I recently pulled a 5.3 LM7 out of a 01 Yukon at the local Pull A Part. Doing the necessary repairs as it blew a head gasket in 4 places and started (just barely) to eat away at the rod bearings.

The crazy part is that I'm sticking this into my 2015 Genesis Coupe that had the SECOND motor blow after only 22k miles on the car. Total hunks of Korean crap. So instead of forking out thousands for an OEM replacement I'm going the fun route.

I'm an engineer by trade and have to problem building up a motor or fabricating parts where needed. Plan is to run mega/microsquirts for the engine and 4L60E. Only shooting for just over 400hp so a cam and good tune should get me there. Slowly building up the motor as time and money allows. Hopefully will be running by August if all goes as planned.

Looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you! Please forgive what may sounds like basic questions that I'm sure I'll have.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that should be a fun car after your swap is finished. good luck

Quick Reply: New guy from GA doing a crazy swap