Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie with a 39 Plymouth Street Rod LT1

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a 39 Plymouth Street Rod LT1

Hi,
I am very new to forums, this is my first time. I love fuel injection and would like to get into tuning this winter.
I have recently purchased an unfinished 1939 Plymouth Business coupe project race car.The Car came to me with a very Built (383cid) LT1 and 4L80E Transmission.I need help picking a PCM build profile for this engine/tranny/car combo and then a good Tune.The block has no crank sensor (92-94 vintage) intake is complete minus sensors; the distributer is a vented Opti-spark (96-97 vintage).The car does not have a single wire in it, nor does it have a PCM of any kind.I am starting from scratch as far as a PCM is concerned. Any Thoughts?

My first step is to purchase and install all of the sensors, wires and PCM.I'm thinking about mimicking a (96-97) LT1 Camaro, or should I get rid of the Opti-Spark and upgrade to all LS components, or skip the crank sensor and go with OBD1.Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 39standalone
Hi,
I am very new to forums, this is my first time. I love fuel injection and would like to get into tuning this winter.
I have recently purchased an unfinished 1939 Plymouth Business coupe project race car.The Car came to me with a very Built (383cid) LT1 and 4L80E Transmission.I need help picking a PCM build profile for this engine/tranny/car combo and then a good Tune.The block has no crank sensor (92-94 vintage) intake is complete minus sensors; the distributer is a vented Opti-spark (96-97 vintage).The car does not have a single wire in it, nor does it have a PCM of any kind.I am starting from scratch as far as a PCM is concerned. Any Thoughts?

My first step is to purchase and install all of the sensors, wires and PCM.I'm thinking about mimicking a (96-97) LT1 Camaro, or should I get rid of the Opti-Spark and upgrade to all LS components, or skip the crank sensor and go with OBD1.Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Be sure to post plenty of pics of that 39 Plymouth! I cannot answer any LT1 questions specifically, I have experience with the LT1/4 clutches but that's it. I'm sure some LT1 knowledgeable people will chime in though.

Quick Reply: Newbie with a 39 Plymouth Street Rod LT1