Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New user from NW Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user from NW Indiana

Hello, My name is Tj. Just a little about me. I have wanted a 1968 Camaro since I was about 15(1990). Basically begged two people to sell me theirs because they were sitting in the garage wasting away. Neither would sell. Fast forward to 2000 and I met a guy that worked at the railroad and restored cars. Talked to him many times about restoring a Camaro and I'm sure in his eyes I was just another kid with a dream. In 2002 I knew a guy that wrecked his (I believe) 96 impala. Thats when the wheels started turning with the thought of putting a newer motor in the older cars. I tried like hell but he wouldn't sell me the engine. At that time I had never heard of anyone doing it. I went back to my buddy at the railroad with the idea and he told me he had already done it in a 60's buick. I drove it and fell in love. Fast forward to Oct. 2013, my world came crashing down after being diagnosed with Lymphoma. It was then that I decided it was time to look for a Camaro because you only live once. In Dec 2015 my daughter flipped her car so I called my buddy from the railroad to see what he can do. He ended up fixing the car, but while fixing it, he sold me my 68 Camaro! It was a project he had for many years with the intentions of doing a project with his nephew. The nephew would rather race the foreign cars, so lucky me! I bought the car in April 2016, and it is almost time to go in the shop for metal work. After that I'll be looking to drop in an LS motor. Which brings me to why I'm here. I've been browsing the site for a while, just now joining because the time is coming. Sorry if I rambled, but that is my story and I look forward to sharing the restoration/LS swap.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome from NW indiana as well. Good luck with the build.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black sky
Welcome from NW indiana as well. Good luck with the build.
Thanks... What part are you from? Dyer over here.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome, from NW IN here as well (Griffith). Good luck with the project, i'm sure i'll see it around. My dad also has lots of parts for restoration for those cars if there are some pieces you are missing.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thans
Thanks... What part are you from? Dyer over here.
Too funny. Dyer here as well. Oddly similar people as well. In construction, very close birth dates, and a bit unlucky health wise too. Lol.

Last edited by black sky; 11-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: New user from NW Indiana