Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello everyone! New here from Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone! New here from Colorado

Hello fellow LS enthusiast! Looking for advice or recommendations for a build going in a 1972 Chevy C10. Engine is going to be built for 1/8 mile dig racing while also as street friendly as possible. I'm looking to compete with my dad's 68 SS Chevelle with a mild built 502 and troll the new model sports cars from the factory such as new high end Mustangs and Dodge Challengers also rice burners.

I'm trying to stick to a low cost budget in the beginning and eventually put a turbo setup or nitrous system on the engine. I've never built or worked on LS type engines just original small block 350s. I've done some research and interested in building a 5.3 liter LM4 or possibly 6 liter LQ4 iron block but the 6 liter is harder to find as well as a lot more expensive. I've heard that the aluminum 5.3 liter 325 cubic inch is easily capable of 600 to 800 horsepower. Does anyone know of any Cam and heads setups? I'm going to install forged pistons and rods to handle the upgrades to the engine and not sure if the stock Crank shaft will be adequate or if a forged crank shaft will be necessary. Please any and all advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.