Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New 1998 Trans Am Owner From Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1998 Trans Am Owner From Kentucky

Hello,

I'm new to the Forums and recently(last week)bought my 1998 Trans Am Race Car. It's still a roller, but most chassis work has been completed including, narrowed and braced Chevy 12 bolt rear end with Moser 35 spline axles and spool. Also has Ford 9 inch bearing ends to eliminate C-clips. Strange disc brakes and anti roll bar with AFCO Big Gun Coil-Over shocks round out the rear suspension. Still need to weld some Heim brackets for the pan hard attachments for the ARB.

Ten Point 8:50 Cert CM cage with swing out door bars has been completed. Stock K member to be swapped for CM unit with tube control arms with QA1 coil overs. Manual Rack swapped for stock power rack already. CM tube front end forward of stock K member for radiator, intercooler, transcooler and body work.

Getting ATK QL4 408 stroker with Holley Hi Ram, 317 heads w/Manley stainless valves, Comp turbo cam and BTR springs. Boost will be from BW T6 88mm turbo. Transmission FTI Level IV TH400. PTC 4000 Torque converter.

Wheels are Race Star 4X15 with MT 4.5" tires on front and Stripster single beadlock 13X15 wheels with MT 325 15R50 Street Radials for the rear that fit perfect in the steel mini tubs.

All lights and power windows working with factory glass all around. Weight was 3100 with LQ4 and TH400 including stock seats that were removed for Kirker race seats. Think it'll be about 3000 pounds ready to race. Looking for low to mid 8's once it's tuned. Engine management via HalTech and Race Pak display. Goal is ready to race by September 2018.

Currently, I'm researching best aftermarket electrical systems for chassis only. EFI, pumps, fans, and monitoring to be via HalTech and Race Pak.

Thanks,

Bill