Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings From WI- Camaro Build Goals

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Greetings From WI- Camaro Build Goals

Hey all, starting to lay down some plans for a very modest '92 Camaro build that will be getting an LS and would like to share my project with the internet in case anyone's interested or would like to help. The donor car will be a beautiful third gen (always loved the body style) that is completely stock with the 305 that the previous owner brought from California, so a rare rust free find up here in the north woods. My plan is to drop in an ls2 with a 4l60 or 70. I'm unsure as to weather a 4l80 would fit or not since it seems dimensionally bigger than a 4l60 but I've never actually measured. If this is the wrong forum for ls2 talk (I see its called ls1tech) let me know so I don't clog up your website with ls2 stuff.

I'm shooting for a modest 500-700 hp on a single turbo, or as close to that as I can reliably get on a stock bottom end. My plans are to simply take a junkyard ls2, throw in an off the shelf boost cam, have some head work done, do any necessary valvetrain work ( although I'm not sure what exactly it would need besides beefier valve springs and maybe upgraded pushrods and rockers), and run whatever tuning software is best suited for this kind of thing (EFI Live, Holley EFI, etc?). Not looking to break any power records or my bank account, just want something fun to work on and rip around in.

I'm coming from the diesel world and know next to nothing about tuning options, turbo sizing, injector/fuel needs, or other supporting mods outside of headstuds and cooling needs. Hope some of you pros won't mind giving some advice in exchange for watching my project come together. I just bought the car and haven't even picked it up yet so I'll post some pics from the craigslist for sale ad, photo credit goes to the previous owner. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Greetings From WI- Camaro Build Goals