Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member - 5.3L into a Mazda RX8

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - 5.3L into a Mazda RX8

Hello, I am breaking this down into a few different posts to get my post count up.

I am currently working on building a Mazda Rx8 which I am going to be putting a 5.3L LM7 from a 2001 Sierra. The plan is that this car will be used primarily for drift but I may plan to have it temporarily road worthy just so that I can take the car out on the road and get used to the feel of it before pushing it to its limits on the track.

not a spot of rust

I found this RX8 locally for $800cad. It had a blown Renesis Rotary engine which I will donate to a friend who like rotary's for some reason. The RX8 shell is in pristine condition. Barely a spot of rust on it, obviously garage kept, even the jack points under the car looked unused. We found a small coiled booklet full of every service detail and purchase made towards the car dating back five years. Clearly this thing was well taken care of and loved so it should not have blown its engine so soon. We found some old paperwork for oil changes in the glove compartment and we immediately spotted the cause. The local Mazda Dealership, I repeat the MAZDA DEALERSHIP was putting synthetic oil into the rotary engine. For those that don't know, Synthetic and Rotary do not combine well. The dealership should have known better.

Anyways moving on! She's loaded up and ready to take home, and within 5 minutes after unloading I had already put the first scratch into the paint! )

loaded up to go home