Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Enumclaw, Washington

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New from Enumclaw, Washington

Good morning. I was recommended to your forum. I'm working on a 1980 Camaro, installing a 2001 LQ4 6.0L and 4L80 transmission. I'm using the OEM PCM to control both of them. Thus far I have the drive train installed using BRP engine/transmission mounts, BRP engine oil pan, BRP mid-length headers, Summit 3" 304 stainless exhaust system. I've also installed the Hotchkis subframe connectors. I made my own wiring harness using Brendon's awesome information from lt1swap.com. I'm thinking about using Dakota Digital gauges with their CAN interface. I can't seem to find out what the CAN will support on the stock PCM. My big question is does it support engine oil pressure? I'm not going to have a huge gauge cluster with a bunch of gauges. I'm thinking about the basics, speedometer, tachometer, volt meter, engine coolant temperature, engine oil pressure and maybe transmission oil temperature. The purpose of the CAN interface of course is to limit the number of wires needed to run all of the gauges. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks a bunch.