Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hello everyone, I am new here and have a question. I received a 1998 Camaro as a gift and it was great until a week ago. I was driving and had to stop at an intersection and my car died and wouldn’t crank. It took me 30 minutes to get it to start and I got it home. The problem is it now will not run right. I have changed the plugs, wires, coil packs, mass airflow sensor, fuel filter, catalytic converter and it’s running but it has a miss. It also doesn’t have the horsepower it did before. It takes forever just to get up to 70 on the freeway. I can’t figure it out. Any ideas of what could be going on?
Old 11-20-2018, 10:19 AM

Has anyone checked it with a scan tool? AutoZone and advance Auto do it for free but only give a very generic idea of what's wrong. A decent shop could give you a more detailed report.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Teching In

First off, I think you need to make a thread in one of the car/engine specific forums with a little more info like what engine/transmission etc.

Beyond that, have you had it hooked to a scan tool? Did you or anyone check compression? Timing?