Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Australia

G'day everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself and my ride, a 97 Nissan GQ Patrol which I installed an LS1 from a Holden Commodore in last year. I'm looking forward to getting some info and learning more about this awesome engine.

Cheers

​​​
Old 02-15-2019, 04:24 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,679 Likes on 2,240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome to LS1Tech! Awesome picture of your rig. The scenery is amazing. How does it run?
Old 02-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Welcome to LS1Tech! Awesome picture of your rig. The scenery is amazing. How does it run?
Thanks mate, that pictures taken up the top of the Blue Rag Range track in the Victorian High Country. It's an amazing place and one I try to get to as often as possible.
It runs well, I think I need a tune though. It's got a 212/218 cam, Beehive valve springs, Precision roller rockers, bigger injectors, Aeroflow fuel rails and a couple of other goodies. I'm still running the stock tune including the MAF. Do you think I'd see much of an improvement from a good dyno tune?

Cheers
Old 02-15-2019, 09:20 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,679 Likes on 2,240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by GQLS1
Thanks mate, that pictures taken up the top of the Blue Rag Range track in the Victorian High Country. It's an amazing place and one I try to get to as often as possible.
It runs well, I think I need a tune though. It's got a 212/218 cam, Beehive valve springs, Precision roller rockers, bigger injectors, Aeroflow fuel rails and a couple of other goodies. I'm still running the stock tune including the MAF. Do you think I'd see much of an improvement from a good dyno tune?

Cheers
You absolutely need a tune. Anytime injector sizing (flow rate) gets changed, the tune goes whack. You will be amazed at how much power, driveability, and fuel mileage you’ll pick up with a good tune. I’ve seen a good tuner pick up 45 horsepower over a “decent” tune. You’ll be glad you did!
And not necessarily a dyno tune, but even a street tune will make that rig run night and day different. Money very well spent!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Che70velle

You absolutely need a tune. Anytime injector sizing (flow rate) gets changed, the tune goes whack. You will be amazed at how much power, driveability, and fuel mileage you’ll pick up with a good tune. I’ve seen a good tuner pick up 45 horsepower over a “decent” tune. You’ll be glad you did!
And not necessarily a dyno tune, but even a street tune will make that rig run night and day different. Money very well spent!
Wow awesome, thanks for the info! I'll get it tuned when I can and post before and after results.