Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

North Idaho newb

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Idaho newb

Thanks for having me. I'm working on a '98 5.7 LS1 for a 1967 Nova wagon. Looking forward to learning from you guys about LS's. Brian
Old 01-10-2022, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome, that sounds like a cool build. Do you have any pictures?
Old 01-10-2022, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have photos at the moment. Bought the car for my wife about 2001. It had a 327 turbo 350 in it then and was scary fast and unstable to say the least. It started burning oil/fowling plugs so that had to come out. I moved from So Cal with the thing in boxes. The car is in my barn still in pieces, I bought a 1998 corvette LS1 tore it down, had it machined and then it sat for three years before I was able to start building it about a month ago till today. Today the motor is in my shop in the process of building. I think I have a bit of a unicorn of a motor. I bought a timing chain dampener and found the bolt holes in the block where to wide for the normal dampener. I think the dampener this motor came with was the outside style. Any info on this would be appreciated. Been lurking here since I started assembling this motor and finally decided to get in the game.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 480 Likes on 370 Posts

There are at least 2 widths of damper,, My L33 uses the LS style. The standard ones don't fit had to special order.. The engineer that made those bolt holes a different width needed a solid slap.. LOL

Quick Reply: North Idaho newb