Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to F body scene coming from a low 9 second CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to F body scene coming from a low 9 second CTS-V

What's up guys. Haven't posted on a forum in a long time. I just picked up a 99' z28 with a Heads/cam LQ4, 4L80e, and 9" with 70k original miles.

This car is going to be strictly a no prep car after I discovered I just can't turn down my PD blower 920whp CTS-V and make it work on a slick surface like an F body.

Hope to use this forum to my advantage. Future mods include a lot of cutting and weight pulling, Single turbo setup with fuel system to match, and basically make this a nasty radial car to run my local class.

Picture of my V trying to get down a slick surface to prove that I am indeed a badass

Day I bought the car

After I threw some parts at it I had laying around
Old 11-18-2022, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,010 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Your CTSV looks very bad *** and the the Camaro is on the way with the new sticky tires!
The following users liked this post:
Justin Sable (11-21-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

How about the WS6 hood sitin on the Z28 "Catfish" Now there's somthing you don't see everyday.. Anxiously waiting to see more pictures of the car and what your weight reduction plans are for it.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 223 Likes on 199 Posts

Interested to watch the progression!
Old 11-21-2022, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Hello again all. Some progress so far…

also, what is this in the last pic and can I remove it?

More progress on the V as well. It took the stock bottom end/stock LSA blower record this weekend with a 9.08 at 150 mph 💪💪

What is this and can I remove it? vacuum pump?
Old 11-30-2022, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Figured i'd post a little update in here. I really should probably just start a build series to keep track of things for myself.

Got some more rando weight out of the car, did a tubular front bumper cover support, all AC lines and condenser, cruise control... etc.

Had the car out street racing the other night and the trans was shifting funny. Drained the fluid and it does not look good. I figured a 4l80 in a light car making moderate/low power it wouldn't have any issues so not sure if the trans is hurt or just needs tuning tweaks (the converter was locking at super weird times - it's an FTI 3600) but the fluid is cooked and im gonna drop the pan to see if there is any metal shavings or if we can just bump line pressures and get this trans to live. If not i'll probably put a glide in the car anyways at some point this would just hurry that aspect of it up.

Oh yeah... it's all comin together

So long random stuff

unhappy trans fluid
Old 03-17-2023, 12:56 PM
Teching In

At this point I have changed about every single thing on the car and probably should have just gone with a roller to begin with instead of cutting up and 70k mile running and driving car... but I guess that's how things go. The lq4 got all new bearings, gapped the rings at .030 on compression side and .032 on the oil ring side. Installed a BTR stage 3 turbo cam, ARP head bolts with ls9 gaskets, painted the block, added a high ram, billet motor mounts, ICT Billet valley cover, bought a powerglide and converter, Motion steering column and wheel, NRG seats, gutted all of the factory wiring.... etc.

The FID 2000s just showed up and will be mocked up on the intake before everything goes in. I ordered the wilwood manual brake conversion that should be here soon, SJM ABS delete, Holley Terminator X, Billet wheel s480, and changing the rear end gears from 4.30's to a 3.50.

Lots of work but lots of progress! The car should be a hammer

Quick Reply: New to F body scene coming from a low 9 second CTS-V