Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another new guy

Hello, Everyone,

My name is Gerry. I'm a long-time car guy, mostly bow tie stuff. I've poked around here searching for answers to questions and other useful information for a while. I'm a member of another forum or two and know the value of friendships, helping each other and sharing information, and decided this would be a good community to join. I know that I will get a lot of help from other members here when I ask for it, and I hope to be able to contribute, too.

The project I'm working on now (seemingly never ending) is a 1969 Chevy Nova. Born with a 307 and factory A/C, now a 383, but it will be receiving an LS2 and T56 (from two different 2006 GTOs) in the near future. I have the engine, trans, and some other parts, but finishing the swap is going to require accessory brackets, headers, and lots of incidentals that I haven't even imagined yet.

I know, everyone loves pictures, so I'll post one or two when I learn how. I tried to attach a couple and it doesn't seem to have worked.

EDIT: My second attempt to add pictures was successful!

I hope my intro covered all the bases without being too long,

Gerry

Last edited by xten57; 02-04-2023 at 10:48 AM. Reason: No photos uploaded the first time I treid.
Old 02-18-2023, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Gerry!

That is a clean Nova. It will be a sick ride with an LS2 and a T56. Is this your first LS swap?
Old 02-24-2023, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Hello, Harry, thanks for the welcome.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Hello, Hopper. Thank you for the welcome, and the complement. I'm looking forward to getting the LS2 and T56 into the car, I think it will be lots more fun to drive. And, yes, it's my first LS swap, so I have a LOT to learn.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello

Quick Reply: Another new guy