Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Kinda new whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda new whats up?

Hows everyone? Im kinda new, i own a 1990 Eagle talon TSI, and a 92 VR4 TT... i have owned an LS1 before a 98 t/a...anways just purchased a 1999 WS-6 yesterday, its black 6-speed and is lowered a bit..has SLP loudmouth exhaust and an intake on it....very happy with the car....but i do have one question, it might make me sound stupid but i dont care ive been out of the LS1 thing since 2000....my car says trans am "sevan edition" does anyone know what that means or is? I have never heard of it...anyways nice to be back, I re-adapted the feeling for the car the second i drove it....if anyone knows any big diffences between the 98 and 99's please let me know..i have heard of a 117mph cut off...but i thought that was just the camaros...anything i would appreciate...also maybe there are some free-mods i dont know about?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

there are no differences motor wise with the 98 and 99 motors. There is also no cut off on the speedometer. you can take the car all the way up to 150 mph if you please

where is "sevan" located on the car? is it where the "trans am" should be located at on near the doors?

If so, it is something i have seen a guy do local on his trans am, just to make it a little more "personal"

Besides that man, welcome to the site. If you have any more questions, just search them out in the appropiate forums, or go ahead and shoot a few more in here.l

Welcome to the site bro and enjoy your stay. Happy Thanksgiving as well

Gray
Old 11-25-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More then likely you got a hold of a seven series trans am. I believe the dealer is located in the dfw area. My friend has one, it was a dealer option. Came with borla, eibach prokit, borla and wheels. Also came with a ramair hood.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the board. Everything you want to know about the differences between 98's and 99's is here https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html
Old 11-25-2004, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Welcome!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 05:31 AM
Teching In

yes the seven series badge is located on the bottom driver and passenger side doors right after "trans-am"... that sounds exactly right, the exhaust looked like an slp to me ill have to look again...it is lowered "NICELY" and has a short shifter and those wheels you spoke of...also the ram air hood...anyways i appreciate everyones help...never had any probs with my 98 so im glad to hear the 99 is just as strong....also thanks for the welcome...il try and post some pics...one more question FatZ28 you said this model came from a certain dealer in the dfw area? Do you know how many of these were made or was it just an extra option?
Old 11-28-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the site man good to see another florida ls1.