Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

prospect LS1 driver

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prospect LS1 driver

after an unfortunate introduction by a member of this board, i found your site. talking with my camaro friend this is THE site for LS1/6 tuning.

I currently drive a 2003 tiburon (from newtiburon) which will probably be downgraded to my daily driver in about a year when i get out of college. I love my car and people do great things with it, but the vette has always been a favorite of mine. the day i realised i could afford one my mind started racing. finances are pretty much squared away so i should be able to buy an c5 (97-99) 6spd as a project car.

as a rough plan after i purchase the vette,

part 1 completely build up the suspension and braking system. probably the stage that will take the least amount of time. and will be the stage that takes the least amount of money without doubt.

part 2: shopping around for a twin turbo kit designed for a stock motor but with upgradablility/potential. i'm guessing about $8,000 for the kit alone, and somewhere close 500whp.

part 3: after driving it like that for a while, i'll park it, put it on jacks tands and start building up the engine internals/ maybe swap in some ported ls6 heads. build the tranny, clutch, drivetrain in general. not sure what my target is, but i'm guessing scary fast.

since i'm most familiar with OHC style engines this whole pushrod thing is kind of black box magic for me.

I know lots of people talk lots of stuff about "i'm going to do this or that" and i guess right now thats pretty much what i'm doing. just looking for feedback and direction to get information. obviously a project of this type cant be just rushed into.

i'll be searching around the site, you'll probably see more and more of me as we get closer to next Xmas.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya know, I had a paragraph long post saying welcome and talking about my dreams for a Vette and plans to turbo my car etc... but when I pressed the submit button there was a system error. So anyways, welcome aboard!
Old 12-11-2004, 08:17 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome! I hope all your plans come true!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

good luck and nice choice