Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New 98 Z28 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New 98 Z28 owner

Hello! I just recently purchased my first LS1 car, and was looking for some advise. My car is completly stock. I want exhaust but I don't know what I should put. I want an aggresive sound, but I don't want it to sound real loud inside. I was also wondering what you guys think about the Nitrous system from NOS that goes in throu the air box, can you use an aftermarket airbox with it? and who makes the best air box? This is my daily driver so I dont want to make it to raticle, But I would like to eventually get my car into the 12's. I look foward to hearing eveyones opinion.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

This is the website for you.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome! I'm not a NOS guy, so I wouldn't know. As for exhaust check the bolt on section, lot of sound clips. I like mine loud, I went with the SLP's loudmouth. But, soon I'm changing to true duals because I'm getting headers. I had the same year Z, man do I miss it!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
Hello! I just recently purchased my first LS1 car, and was looking for some advise. My car is completly stock. I want exhaust but I don't know what I should put. I want an aggresive sound, but I don't want it to sound real loud inside. I was also wondering what you guys think about the Nitrous system from NOS that goes in throu the air box, can you use an aftermarket airbox with it? and who makes the best air box? This is my daily driver so I dont want to make it to raticle, But I would like to eventually get my car into the 12's. I look foward to hearing eveyones opinion.

Hello,I'm B-MAN.

First these cars will go 12's all day long with minimal modifications,therefore nitrous is not needed if this is what you are trying to achieve.

Long tube headers,catback exhaust,intake lid,good rubber, and a good tune and you're there.12's all day long

If nitrous is you preferred method, I would go with a direct port NOS kit. It is the safest and it renders good results. Dry shots are ok, as long as you don't get to carried away with the nitrous.

If you want to get some good knoledge on this subject,you should try the nitrous section, or hang out in the eastern members section. I have a lot of friends running nitrous, including myself, although I haven't had the chance to race it on the juice yet.
Good luck