Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Tired of Rotary - Thinking Turbo LS1 for my Rx-7

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of Rotary - Thinking Turbo LS1 for my Rx-7

I've been doing a lot of reading here for the last few weeks, but I finally decided to join and at least introduce myself. I've owned a 93 Mazda Rx-7 for about 2 years now. It's a great car. It makes good power (3 cars faster 40-140 than a stock Z06 on my pump gas boost setting), but I'm just looking for more power. Unfortunately, the rotary is simply not going to provide the power I want with the reliability and driveability I demand. Many of you have probably heard of Hinson Supercars (www.hinsonsupercars.com). They have created the mounting equipment to put an LS1 in an Rx-7. I'm really leaning towards going with a Turbo LS1 to make the power I want (600 whp minimum). I'm here to do some serious research on what I should do for my setup. My primary concerns are driveability and creature comforts while making big power. I'm not interested in building a stripped-down race car, but rather I'd like to keep my sound system, AC, PS, etc. Anyways, I'll stop rambling. I just wanted to say hi!

-Alan
Old 04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out our hybrids section if you havent already. tons of guys on here w/ turbo rx7's.

600rwhp is not very hard w/ a turbo'd LS1. there's a member here who has a tubro trans am w/ stock heads and STOCK CAM making over 600 with very low boost. also has a turbo v6 firebird making over 400, check 'em out
Old 04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome..Nice to see another N2S here..
Old 04-15-2005, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Just dont flaunt it on the rx7 boards too much the rotards get pissed when they see a v8 rex.