Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

AR LT1 new guy sayin hi

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR LT1 new guy sayin hi

Hey guys and gals of LS1TECH my name is Luke I have a 73 2 door Impala with a 94 LT1 out of a Buick Roadmaster along with the 4l60e transmission the fuel lines and gas tank. I got the radiator and fans out of a 94 caprice police car. I pitched the factory 2.73 gears out of the rear and replaced with 3.23 gears. I ordered a new engine harness without vats or smog and had them tweak the computer as much as they could besides that the engine is all factory down to the cats and exhaust. There was 21 years difference between the two cars yet everything bolted in with little to no modifications. I finally got the Imp running after two years of work drove it for 3 months getting 21 miles to the gallon and having awesome power then all of a sudden it craped out on me. Ithink its the opti but not sure if its cold and I start it up it will idle perfect for about 5 to 10 min then it will start cutting until it finally dies it will not start after this it almost acts like it has jumped time. Also when it is idling between the time I start it up and it starts cutting out it has no throttle response at all if I gas on it hard from idle and hold it it will die also. I believe its the opti but if anybody has any suggestions please drop me a line. I'll try to get some pictures of it on it later. THANKS
Old 04-18-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the site
Old 04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. I've got a 1994 Roadmaster as my "family truckster." Yeah, the Opti is a problem on these motors.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome aboard! Glad to have another member!