Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello all.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all.

Hello all.

First, I know nothing about the LS1 save it’s a potent power plant. My project car is a ’95 RX-7 (see picture below). The motor is blown (big surprise for a rotary right?) so, after some research as to what to do, I have decided to drop in an LS1. Fortunately this has been done before and all the needed parts (sub-frame, cross member, etc.) are readily available.

I have been reading a lot of posts and it looks like there are many people here that know their stuff. And that’s good because I guarantee you that I will have about a billion questions.

I will soon be looking to purchase an LS1 and build it up. I don’t know exactly what my end goal is, I guess I will find out after I do more research, but I am thinking 450 to 500 RWH is not an un-realistic goal given the reputation of the LS1 and the availability of performance parts.

Anyway, a little about me:

My name is Cameron and I live in northern Illinois. I love performance cars. I don’t care who made it, if it performs, I like it. Ford, Chevy, Mitsubishi… It’s all good.

I have been working on cars for years (about 20 of them) so I know my way around a tool chest. But there is much I don’t know and I am quick to ask questions or say “I don’t know’ if I don’t know. Ya know?

I am in sales. I work for a distributor of display systems (Plasmas, LCD, LCD and DLP projections systems, etc.) but I don’t travel much. Thank god.

My hobbies include (the obvious) cars, tinkering with electronics and I am just starting to learn about metal fabrication. My brother and I have a small shop at his house. We (I say we but he paid for everything) have a Bridgeport Mill, a couple metal cutting lathes and we are currently installing a DRO for the mill and building a CNC setup for it soon. And, I know next to nothing about that stuff too.

I just enjoy building and figuring out problems.

Anyway, I have gabbed on long enough.

Forgot the pic...

Last edited by Goodnamesgone; 07-01-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the site, check out the hybrid section. Most, if not all, your questions will be answered in there.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Badass you got, it looks really nice. I always loved the rx7's, and to put a ls1 in it . Welcome to the site Cameron, theres lots of good info in here.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

There are several guys with 3rd gen RX7/LS1 swaps on this site. Definately a good combo. Like the user name...
Old 07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

HOT project man. your goal is definetely attainable. Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

Brad
Old 07-02-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That'll be a fine ride when it all gets done. It's the right color, too. Gd luck to you and welcome aboard!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site Cameron. Dig the screen name! Good luck with your RX-7 (love those).
Old 07-03-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site! That' ll be an awesome ride when it' s done.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can’t wait to get started on this project. I’m used to building and moding 3.0 / 2.0 litter turbocharged motors and it has been a long time since I worked on a big V8. In fact, the last V8 I worked was my brothers 6.6 litter Pontiac.

I think I am leaning towards going with a nitro setup (although I love the sound of a supercharger) because of space constraints.

Anywho, thanks again for the welcome.

Cameron

Last edited by Goodnamesgone; 07-05-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Welcome to the site! The RX7 is definately going to fly with a trusty LS1 under the hood!