Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie with a rare car

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a rare car

hi, I've spent alot of time on this site and my brother has been a memmber for year (12secT/A) but this is my first post. I figured i'd introduce myself and see if you guys could give me any tips on what to do with my car now,(its a WS6 Formula i'm not positive, but its ether the only one or one of two.) I've done a few mods already and have a few on the way, but besides what i've already done i dont know what else i should do.
I've put a new 90mm LSX manifold and throttle body, strut tower, B&M suspension, Custom Drive shaft, 6-speed with pro short throw shifter, and i'm looking into getting a new rear end with custom gears though i'm not sure what the best gear ratio would be for the new 6-speed. i've also got new ZO6 wheels and street radial tires on the way, and i was thinking of getting the wing west body kit and the head light conversion kit.

Last edited by NightKid#1; 09-13-2005 at 01:32 PM. Reason: forgot to say what kind of car
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

wow... sounds interesting. welcome! nice car. well you spent the money on the fast intake i suggest you get long-tube headers and a good exhaust after the headers.

........... 4.10 gear in a 12 bolt or 9" would be my choice.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Launching!

sweet ride! Id also suggest opening up the intake to get lots of air into your bigger TB and intake manifold. I got a Granatelli air lid, doing my homework i found the Granatelli air lid is taller than SLP and most others air lids, so it can flow more air. Also get a performance MAF and a smooth bellow. I noticed a big difference when i put the Granatelli Ignition wires, they out performed my old MSD wires big time !! (I GET ALOT OF GRANATELLI STUFF)
Old 09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

why would u modify such a rare car?.....id just get a regular TA or formula or something if u plan on doing all u want to do......dont ruin one of a kind.....and welcome to the boards!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KannibaliztikTA
why would u modify such a rare car?.....id just get a regular TA or formula or something if u plan on doing all u want to do......dont ruin one of a kind.....and welcome to the boards!
Exactly, that thing will be worth money if it's that rare. Welcome
Old 09-13-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off welcome aboard. This site is full of info and cool guys/cars.

Now, I am pretty sure there are more than 2 WS6 formulas. There is at least a half dozen or so just on this board. I know 777 is one of them. Not to rag on your car, because they are rare. I have only seen 1 in my neck of the woods, and Pontiac did quit making the formula in 2000.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
First off welcome aboard. This site is full of info and cool guys/cars.

Now, I am pretty sure there are more than 2 WS6 formulas. There is at least a half dozen or so just on this board. I know 777 is one of them. Not to rag on your car, because they are rare. I have only seen 1 in my neck of the woods, and Pontiac did quit making the formula in 2000.
I think 2000 is when they stopped offering the ws6 package on the formulas. They still made formulas until the very end. I was thinking about buying one.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the tips guys. I think i will go with some headers, mine are new but they were just replacements. and i was wondering about cams. my brother put a large cam in his fiances car and then he cracked the block when using nos. was that just bad luck or do cams cause things like that to happen?
as far as the rarity of my car goes, all i know is what my brother has told me, he said that there were only the two made and the other one was black. mine is a chilly pepper red, but i'm getting it painted midnight black with black and red eclipse pin stripes in december.

Last edited by NightKid#1; 09-13-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I highly doubt that you have one of only two made, formies are pretty popular, even in ws6 form. Chilli pepper red was not a color GM offered that im aware of. If you do indeed have a rare car, every modification you do to it, especially painting it, will decrease its value. I have yet to read about a person actually splitting an LSx block or even breaking a crank using nitrous, blower or turbo. Perhaps he was talking about a toasted shortblock? Stock pistons and rods are another matter, as theyre comparibly weak. Im not trying to be a dick and scare you away from the ls1 community, but I am very skeptical about your brother's knowledge about these cars. What year is your car, and if possible, snag a picture of the front and back of the car, along with a closeup of the RPO codes on the doorframe. The folks here should be able to let you know what youve got on your hands.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet car! I would suggest maybe a cam or some sort of forced induction.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your right guitsboy, WS6 formulas stopped in 2000. Thanks for getting me straightened out.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Supposedly no WS6's were built with the Cayenne (chili pepper?) Red Metallic or Maple Red Metallic, tho GMMG did a conversion or two.

You should have a build sticker in your center console (or is it in the glovebox? I don't remember on LS1's ). Anyhow, if it doesn't say WS6, then the ram air 'stuff' is aftermarket. If it *does* say WS6, and yor car is indeed a Cayenne or MRM factory color car, then it sounds like some FAQ's need to be rewritten, and that would indeed be a very rare car. And if that's the case, you would absolutely ruin it by painting it a different color.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

welcome