Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner intro

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner intro

Hello LS1Techers. I just picked up a black 02 Camaro SS (A4) a few days ago. I wanted to post as a new owner on the same day but I guess I was busy . Hah. I went a little over 100 miles each way to pick up the car and get home. I'm really enjoying it so far and it looks very nice in the driveway. The odometer turned 9000 on the way home and is basically immaculate from the original owner. There are a couple SLP options on it including the ZR1 chrome wheels, bilstein suspension, their air lid, and two oval CME tips.

A little about me - I'm from California and around here I have only seen one other black SS around and other than that I very occasionally see LT1 cars. I'm pretty psyched about having something different. Damn I enjoyed the drive through town and so many heads turned because it's different. I'm currently taking some college courses while I await my ship date to AIT and learn my job for the military. (Cal. Army Natl. Guard)

So that's about it right now. I put a little extra gas into a turn earlier given that it's raining so I'd know what not to do later. I guess ASR isn't exactly traction control eh? Also gotta look out for those speed bumps and angled driveways I think I scrubbed the y-pipe today - it looks like the lowest part under the car.

I have a couple questions I'd like to include so I don't make another thread:

What is included in the $1099 (according to options sheet) Bilstein suspension from SLP? And about how much lower would my car be than a stock SS or Z28, if it is? I'd also be curious to know if there's a quick fix to end the rattling from the shifter. I know there's a DIY leather boot write-up somewhere but the rattle seems to be coming from the little slab with PRN[D]D ...

Sorry no pictures right now. My camera doesn't like my computer
Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome and congrats on your new ride.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome man!! Great choice of car...well any LS1 is lol.

I will warn you however, that the second you buy one of these cars it seems like you see them everywhere then. Before I bought my camaro 3 years ago I never saw any, and I mean never, after I did I saw them everywhere. And now before my Trans Am I very rarely saw them, now I see more trans am's than i do camaros!! which is just a reason to make you car more unique!

Again, welcome to the site!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site and also congrat's on the new ride. Also what part of Cali are you from?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Another warm welcome here too. Congrats. Also interested what part of Cali?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:25 PM

Welcome.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Marin County