Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

4l60e speedo dropped to 0, antilock light on,

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e speedo dropped to 0, antilock light on,

1997 s-10 blazer (my wifes baby) Chipped, high flow cat & exhaust, 4.3, 4l60e.
Comming off of the freeway from a 85 to 90 mph top speed, averaged around 80 run for about 45 minutes, when I let off of the throttle a little the rpms bounced around from 2000 to 2200 a few times. As I came to a stop at a red light the anti lock brakes light came on and the Speedo dropped off to zero. I guess I was doing around 25 to 35 still. When the light turned green it wouldn't shift out of 1st for about a 1/8 of a mile, up to 4500 rpms. Feathered the gas a little to see if it would shift. Ended up nursing it to my shop about 3/4 miles away. Checked fluid level. Just a little low, added 1/4 of a quart to bring to upper hash mark. Looked around and saw nothing out of place. Electrical connections seemed tight with no loose wires. When I restarted the blazer, the light was off and the speedo worked. I drove it around the block, everything worked fine. Rechecked the fluid, also fine. Drove home two miles from my shop, shifted fine and no lights came on. The check engine light did not come on at all when driving. Thank you for your time and help. Rob Thomas