Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another newbie from N.J.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I can't believe we're arguing over all of this.

It's all harmless fun. As much as I want to move back to NJ to be closer to my family it's just to f'in expensive. That entire state is going to hell in a handbasket,
Old 06-28-2006, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
That entire state is going to hell in a handbasket,
HA!! TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! I have to pay "Manhattan prices" and don't even get the pay benefits of the stinkin' place!! As soon as you cross over the Joyzee/Pennsyltucky border EVERYTHING (car insurance, housing, etc.) is close to (sometimes less than) HALF the cost!!!! I don't even see how anyone making less than $40.00/hr. can exist here!!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm moving out of Jersey for either the midwest or Florida the second I get my career established and make some money. Cost of living is so damn expensive. I'll miss everybody but this state sucks to live in.

As for the North Jersey argument, here's an attached pic near Exit 117 (you can see the sign in the background) of the parkway that I took while coming back from LBI this weekend saying that you're about to enter north jersey. You guys that are saying Tom's River is in North Jersey must be on drugs or something. Central jersey I can definitely understand, but anybody who says "Tom's River is in North Jersey" has no idea what they're talking about.

I always considered south and central jersey to just be south jersey. You guys have the same philly sphere of influence. Pretty much anything south of New Brunswick is South Jersey to most North Jerseyans.

We hijacked this thread good...
Attached Thumbnails Another newbie from N.J.-lbi-032.jpg  
Old 07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Default You wouldn't let it die would ya?

Here's the discussion a friend of mine and I had about the North-South logistics issue. He summed it up pretty well, and I think these guidelines should be helpful...

Toms River is right along the dividing line of “North” South Jersey. So I go by two things. Since Toms River is right across from Seaside I look at the shore cliental in Seaside; which is definitely North Jersian/New Yorkish. Also, most people from Philadelphia and true South Jersey don’t go to the shore any further North than Long Beach Island; which is South of the island that Seaside is on and therefore south of Tom’s River.

The second thing I go by is the sports teams that the area follows and Toms River/Seaside is once again heavily slanted to New York teams. Definitely Mets/Yankees and New York/Jersey Giants. Wear a Phils/Eagles cap on the boardwalk or to a bar and get plenty of looks like what a loser.

The attitude of the people in Seaside and Toms River is no doubt about it North Jersey. I can tell the first minute from the people I rent to are from North Jersey, North Pennsylvania (Reading and above) New York City or NY state. By far the worst are North Jersians.

Even the TV stations/cable is slanted towards New York, lot of Spanish speaking channels as well as the area accent when people tawk.

As far as the odd physical deformities you refer to I have always attributed that to there are parts of the “Northern Pinelands” by Toms River and I figure there was cross breeding between the Northern Pineys and the North Jersians which begets arrogant idiots with odd physical deformities.

I consider it North Jersey with a few decent, sane individuals from South Jersey such as myself trying to save the area from the locals and North Jersey.
Shaterz, you're welcome to take your thread back now. The Great Oz Has Spoken

Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i asked everyone from south jersey, and they said toms river is yours... haha i think everything above cape may county is north jersey.. **** i consider all the city's to be north jersey.. i live on 370 acrea's and i own half of south jersey. lol jk. half my town maybe. its a small town. philly ? ah phillys gay.. if you think south jersians like philly your on some good drugs.. hell most of us fight them when they come to the shore towns reasons? unknown. south jersey's better. lol jk i like some of both, and hate alot inbetween. city's suck! we got margate/ventor/cherry hill for **** towns.. you got camden etc etc etc camden...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Board Certified Idiot

IMO you are all on Drugs
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I stand by the picture I posted.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Launching!

"we got margate/ventor/cherry hill for **** towns.. you got camden etc etc etc camden..."

HEY i work for the city of ventnor ,lol

Last edited by nitrovette; 07-12-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I'm confused, if there's no middle jersey, and trenton is the threshold between North and South, where am I from if I live in Trenton???????
Old 07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Wow I didn't know my welcome thread was getting so much attention , I must be really popular
Old 07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Launching!

sweet car man welcome
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Default Very entertaining don't ya think?

Originally Posted by Shatterz
Wow I didn't know my welcome thread was getting so much attention , I must be really popular
Just think how much more popular you would be if you were able to grow ****! (Hoping Shatterz doesn't already have them!)

Anybody notice how often Haterator's av changes? Think he's trying to avoid being identified? :turns screws:
Old 07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rich3fan
Just think how much more popular you would be if you were able to grow ****! (Hoping Shatterz doesn't already have them!)

Anybody notice how often Haterator's av changes? Think he's trying to avoid being identified? :turns screws:

No **** here
Old 07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitrovette
"we got margate/ventor/cherry hill for **** towns.. you got camden etc etc etc camden..."

HEY i work for the city of ventnor ,lol
you dont desing the streets do you ??? worse part about that town.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

lol sweet a NJ argument! North Jersey is where its at fellas! and listen the dividing line between north and south jersey is most definitly the driscoll bridge (the big one on the pkwy) everyone from south jersey is a little.......... odd
Old 07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
IMO you are all on Drugs
yea everyones addicted to something.....whether its coffee or soda, alcohol or tobacco, **** maybe
Old 07-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00454sscamaro
you dont desing the streets do you ??? worse part about that town.
im a mechanic for the city i stay in the shop
Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

enjoy the site from whatever part of nj youre from.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Sure there is. A bunch of wannabe philadelphians in chemically polluted suburbs with water quality to rival that of Mexico's.
mm dood, south jersey has some of the best water in the country. north jersey water tastes like *******. i live right next to a town called sweetwater, it's some of the best water in the country. my water is unfiltered and is nearly pefect in every way except its pH is a tad below neutral which makes it GREAT for growing blueberries, tomatoes, corn and cranberries. how do you think NJ got the title "the garden state"? not from north jersey, it's from the awesome water and farmland in south jersey. i live 5 mins from hammonton - the blueberry capital of the world.

i'm in atlantic county and the whole ground in the whole county is composed of a sand similar to beach sand. this has its own natural filtering effect.

not only is your water some of the worst in the country, north jersey smells. not like an insult, the air literally reeks.

hammonton/egg harbor city area btw.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rich3fan
Are you retarded? I've been on this site for 3 years now, and I've been a mod for two. If I didn't want to be identified I would leave.

I changed my avatar because during UFC 61 on July 8 they announced that on August 26, 2006 Chuck Liddell will fight Babalu Sobral (the guy in my avatar).

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-16-2006 at 05:49 PM.