Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member here, Got some issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member here, Got some issues

Hey, I'm comming from a heritage of S10's and W-bodies... and the thing that last turned me away from getting a W body was a bad leak on a floor board resulting in water all over the passenger floor in a 04 GTP... What I am left with is a modified 93 S-10 Blazer with two 4.3 CPI's (one above stock, one significantly above stock) a 98 Lumina LTZ ( suspension work, and minimal do dads for the 3800 SII) and now a 99 Camaro SS 6 spd with LID, MAF, Hurst short throw, High flow Y-Pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, found some 02 simulators pluged in under there when i was peakin around, 4.10's, HPP3, soon to have LS6 intake, pulleys ( more so because I hear that annoying chirp that GM pulleys seem to develop ), and injectors... My main issue here is I was forced to drive it in the rain over the past couple days... And yesterday when it was nice, well... I decided to take off the T-tops and take it out for a nice weekend drive, well... I was suprised when I went to pick up my hat off the rear floor behind the passanger seat and it was soaked... but not nearly as bad as the floor behind the drivers seat was... Then i took out the seat bottoms of the rear seats and found a pool under the rear drivers, and not much of anything under the rear passanger... I took the plugs out of the floor and let it drain the water out, and then shop vac'ed it and ragged it all day and still didnt get it all dry... I cant find any trace of water comming from behind the rear seat back, or on the sides under the plastic trim... T-tops seem top notch and have never given me reason to suspect them in the rain... plus there is no trail of wetness leading from anywhere... just concentrated in that area... Has anyone seen anything like this before? Its horrible, and something I never planned on running into. Other questions include the following... I have read on here that the MAF's are a waste of time and money and will do nothing if not simply lie to the ECU and do bad for me, and I cannot figure why someone would have added O2 simulators to the the vehicle if the CAT's are still on the high flow Y pipe and appear to not have been hollowed.?.? So to set priority here, someone tell me how to fix the leak , and then you can add to the other questions... lol..

Car now has 19,600 miles on it, and obviously LS1...
Cant thing of any other specifics to add

Thanks

Last edited by Dexter; 10-22-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

OK, and im trying to post some pics since no one has seen my car yet, and holy crap... its telling me they have to be 100kb or less... that is tiny, I mean... Avator size... no way is that gonna be visible... But im resizing i guess

EDIT: Never mind, too small to see... whats up with that?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Launching!

welcome and sorry to hear about your troubles - might have more luck in the maintenance section though.

all sorts of tips over there for just about everything.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

It should be visable, I take high quality pics with my camera and resize for 100kb or less and they are still a decent size.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

err... my avatar is about exactly 100kb... and its 100x80 pixels... its like... the size of , a pop cap!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I nearly lost my car to a deer this evening... already! I will set the stage for you... Driving down a local highway (route 56) going back home from being at the girlfriends familys place and eating dinner and what not. Well, its dark out and the light that is on the road is soley from my vehicle. The speed limit on this road is 50mph, and suprisingly I was within the legal limits of this... At most, no more than 5 over... It is a four lane seperated with a large grass median in the middle, and what did I see pop up in that grass median about 30 feet at most from me but a couple bright eyes at a deer's heads height... I knew it wasn't gonna go well from that point on. I was in the passing lane as I knew there were rough bumps in the slow side of the road... So I was close to this guy, real close... He takes off... Right at me, I mean... What the hell goes through their heads I will never know. But I throw it from 5th to 4th and switch to the slow land to give me more room between him and I. What was staged for a deer over the hood into my lap situation was turning quickly into a deer into my door situation... Better, but not the best... So I gave it a little more gas, and something... Im not sure what, maybe its rear end ... I dont know, but it hit... I heard a very subtle bump... and that wasn't the end of it... Since this all happened at once, the downshift, the acceleration, and the change of lanes.. I was of course sent into a frenzy of not so controllable rights to lefts with the back end getting progressivly fishier... So as my mind races as to what that stupid animal had just done to my new prized possesion, I am now fighting to make sure I dont send it rolling or head first into a hillside to my right or through a median to my left... also resulting in a roll over or collision with oncomming triffic if I make it throught it... So after four or five back and fourth with the wheel and getting my tires to want to stick again... I was going straight... I pulled it into a video store off the highway and started to evaluate the damage. I couldnt find any! I got it home, and this is a black car with some dust on it now... So if you rub it you get a clean spot... So I am looking for clean spots, I found one... Right under the filler for the gas tank.. and what else but a small (roughly 3-4 inches long very narrow none to deep scratch).. enough to make me want to cry, but yet small enough to let me be gratefull I didnt lose my front end or my door... or core body for that matter... None the less I do believe I will be sighting in the rifle soon and making an appearance on opening day for rifle season... Maybe just getting some revenge.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome, sorry to hear about the water and the deer!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

My freind had the same problem in his old cavalier turned out to be a leaky heater core. I'm not sure how the water would get all the way to your back seat but its possible I guess. Also did you check the rear hatch? The seal could be broken. Or it could just be that you left it open in the rain and water ran down into the car. Usually after I wash mine I vacum it and sometimes water rolls down in to the car a bit. Could be your problem. You may have opened it after a downpour.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site fellow Pittsburgher! My advice to you would be to sit in the car when it is raining and look for the leak. Also, you could take it to a car wash and hit it with the high-pressure spray. Water has to be coming from someplace-just be persistent. The deer are rutting this time of year and are out and about more than normal. Keep and eye out, especially at night and good luck!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, so ... I was wrong... it is the T-tops... I am 99 % sure of it... what is the common fix for this... It's not the drain holes from what I can see...

Any ideas?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Mybe 99% sure is a stretch ... I can see them leaking... But I still question whether or not that alone could have made the pool under my back seat.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Soooooooooo, anyone? any ideas here... Am I the only one? I also have significant play in my steering from center... about a half inch lef and right... so an inch total... I'm gonna check the basics... But with my luck I'm certain its major.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

WTF is up with all this... not even 20K miles on it yet and its giving up on life! I'm driving my Lumina LTZ (121k) right now, and other than an evap code that it feels it wants to tell me exists every so many weeks it runs great!
Old 10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Image Hosting | Video Hosting | Myspace Games
Old 10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Old 10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

NOT ME IN THE PICTURE !!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site, Good luck with the car.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

welcome f bod brotha!! damn thats a nice red z in that pic......wait, thats mine hahahaha

so it IS the t-tops?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Whats up man... Yeah, I ordered four new bushings for the pins from Nicks today... so, we will see what that does... Probably nothing... All my flaps and drain holes are ok... I have no idea... Think I got boned with yet another car. The steering seriously has the strangest feeling to it, never felt this kinda null spot before... Its had it, just never mentioned it. And I still cant figure the 02 sims... I was data logging today and I could see what they were feeding the ECU... worthless crap voltages so long as the real o2s can still function... All they do is fluctuate from .45-.6 stupid fool the ECU voltages... makes your fuel curve suck cause its based on nothing. I dont kno... so much to work on.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

I just looked for the y2y code today too... and found I am blessed with ZERO SLP options... way to go previous owner with the damn window badge... dumbass... All SLP did for me is give me a hood and wing... eh... SLP Performance... stupid sticker... At least I have the floor mats (where ever they came from) and the dash logo, and an exhaust that in my opinion is too quiet... I was playing video of the blazer that I recorded for soundbits for flowmasters site... and it sounds like it has more bark to it... ahhh... Im frustrated... DAMN LEAK, and all the other problems... And I still want to inspect the rear end and change the fluid...