Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

This 16 year old just got his 2002 WS6!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool car.Just make sure you get really familure with the car before you start pushing it.Have Fun!
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

look man no one on here really gives a **** if you smoke to each hi own, but what we are tryin to tell you is your gonna ****** kill yourself 4 acting like a ****** dumbass. obviously u are a book smart kid but damn dont fcking kill yourself acting like a fcking dumbass out there in what I like to call real life. do me a favor grow some ***** and show ur parents this thread and see how long you keep your precious car. Then think about it real long when ur parents take ur car back.

But then when all is said and done and you get the car back for ur 18th birthday thank ur parents for them not letting you kill urself. BTW I investigate traffic accidents for a living I see this type of **** all the time I think i might know a little bit about it. How much do you really appreciate ur life. Dont go ******* it up by Driving ******* retarded.

Moral is dont be a fcking retard.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to nag on you or anything, but are you even thinking about all of the other drivers who are around you when you're hotboxin' in your car? I'm sure you'll probably say that you're fine with taking the risk and accepting the responsibility, but I personally do not give you permission to risk my life when I'm driving on the same street as you, so thank God I don't live near you. I wish I had a LS1 trans am. BTW I'm 16 as well. I go to school, take the same classes as you, play soccer in the winter and fall, and baseball in the spring, summer, fall, and practice in the winter... not to mention i have two jobs. so don't tell me you don't have time for one. I've paid for both of my cars with my own money.

BTW. how do you pay for gas and insurance? and please don't tell me your dad pays for it.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hex
i thought ls1tech was friendly....
Apparently you haven't read any of the other many, many, "I'm 16 and just got my LS1" threads. Here's a clue: this one is no different than any other.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Yes, probably to you, ls1tech doesn't seem that much friendly at all, but this kind of criticism is what builds knowledge into people to help you age mentally. You have a VERY nice WS6. You're going to have a lot of fun with that car. What everyone is telling you is if you would like that car to stay that nice, be smart. Smoking is something you should wisely, if at all. Bragging about smoking a bong while driving isn't that all great, anyone can do it, it's if you can HANDLE it. You're 16, worry about keeping your record clean and learning the roads and way OTHER people drive, and that'll enhance your own driving abilities. For now finish HS, see if theres any time to get a afterschool job or something, and try to save some money to put towards the car and gas.

Congrats once more on a very beautiful car, now keep it that way.

"i've experienced the horrors of divorce, crazy parents, and depression. i've more than lived my life" - Yes, that sound horrible, sorry to hear about that, but we all go through a lot and you'll experience more, just gatta live life to its fullest. No one here wants to see you, one time, make a mistake, no matter what it is, and anything to happen to you. You're a young fbody owner and we'd all like to see you grow up loving fbodies without making that one fatal mistake: getting to showoff-cocky with your fbody or sliding in the rain uncontrollably, or anything else.

also, word of advice, don't let your friends drive your car. haha. they'd wanna stomp it and thats when bad things can happen.

Good Luck and Welcome!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hex
i thought ls1tech was friendly. maybe you should LEARN a little bit instead of accepting drab common word. i really don't care what you think about me, I have people in my life who love me for who i am, and thats how i like it. you can't criticize someone for smoking if it makes up the fabric of their being. i've gone through hell and poverty in my life, so if you think i'm some spoiled rich bitch you're wrong. i honestly don't ****** care about how rich a person is, it doesn't make them who they are. i've experienced the horrors of divorce, crazy parents, and depression. i've more than lived my life and realize the actions and effrects of everything you do. you people don't realize that these are cars; not too important. when you die nothing material is important. holding thia mentality, i dedicate myself to knowledge. its back to lurking for me....

its just a car?? lol a LS1 WS6 is more then a car my friend. You better learn its every feature because untill then, its driving you....your not driving it and dont forget that....

i say this and prolly everyone in this thread will agree with me. Yah your in high classes etc. But you sound like a unrealizing moron. Wake up and take a look around you. With your type of cockyness, it will get you killed before your 18. Guarenteed.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
god, i wish i got an 02 ws6 for my first car.
when i was 16 i started out in a little v6 mustang. a year later i sold that and bought an LT1 T/A, another year later i sold that and bought my BONE stock LS1 Z. When i first bought the Z i said i was going to keep it stock , because **** was always breaking on my Lt1, and i was tired of fixing and replacing stuff. Ive owned the camaro for almost a year and current mods are in my sig

thats crazy... my first car was.... 1991 RS camaro, sold it 7 months later for my LT1. put heads/cam on my LT1 and traded it in on a 2001 Z28 1 year later. then i traded in my LS1 about a year and a half ago on my Z06.

we are almost in the exact same boat lol. im 20 BTW
Old 12-22-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Get a friend registered on here so we can find out when you're on your death bed.
You must be the most naive little bitch I've ever seen on here. "lived your life" at 16 years old. Give me a ****** break.
Smoking and drinking while driving, you deserve what you get. Take a little pride and respect in what you've been given. I don't give a **** if you do have 'hard' classes at 16. At 16 I was taking college courses while in highschool, so that little argument is null and void to me.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:48 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Amen to that.

As has been said many times, "With age comes wisdom...."

You have a long way to go. You're obviously very fortunate to get something like this at 16. The point isn't to bag on you for getting something, although most of us who are older know how n00b drivers are. The chances are very high you will dog the car out, or wreck it. This is just based on the skills and habit of young driver.

Couple that with the adolescent "I know everything" attitude, and admission to driving under the influence, and you see where we are coming from. No one is a better driver when under the influence of anyhting. Belief in that has been shown to be totally false so many times as to be comical...

Good luck with your new car, but grow up a little too....
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats!!

DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST when it comes to mods etc..
Old 12-22-2006, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
its just a car?? lol a LS1 WS6 is more then a car my friend. You better learn its every feature because untill then, its driving you....your not driving it and dont forget that....

i say this and prolly everyone in this thread will agree with me. Yah your in high classes etc. But you sound like a unrealizing moron. Wake up and take a look around you. With your type of cockyness, it will get you killed before your 18. Guarenteed.

BINGO!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

ohohhhhooooo look into my crystal ballllllll
Old 12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Damn! You guys tear these kids to pieces everytime!
I have never seen a peaceful "I'm 16 and I got a ls1" thread.
This one had potential until dumbass bragged about hotboxin'.....that sure did push some of you guys' buttons.

Good luck with the car kid.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, young buck w/ a very fast car. Lucky PUPPY. Please drive your car wisely, if you going to drive it w/ extreme measure make sure its in a controlled area ie: EMPTY parking lot, abandoned road or airport and track. Nice car. Listen to the guys that are telling you its DUMB doing DWI or drug influenced especially on a V8 fbody. We know what we are talking about because we have experience on these cars and well you don't.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was 16 I almost wrecked my bone stock 230rwhp 4400lb. truck. Now we are talking about a 300rwhp 3500lb. f-body with a stoned 16 year old behind the wheel. All I can say is good luck! I just turned 18 BTW, it's amazing how much someone can mature in just 2 years, I'm 10 times smarter than I was when I was 16.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
When I was 16 I almost wrecked my bone stock 230rwhp 4400lb. truck. Now we are talking about a 300rwhp 3500lb. f-body with a stoned 16 year old behind the wheel. All I can say is good luck! I just turned 18 BTW, it's amazing how much someone can mature in just 2 years, I'm 10 times smarter than I was when I was 16.
I agree. I'm 20 now and I can't believe how much things change. My entire perception on the world is different now from only a short time ago. The increase in maturity really is unbelievable.....but try explaining that to a 16 year old...
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Congrats man! I have owned nothing but LS1 cars since I was 16! I bought an avalanche last night and got rid of my 00 ws.6 so I wouldnt end up spending my loan money for school on mods
Old 12-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Congrats im 17 but only have a little 355 with some spray
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Wow I can't beleive this thread! If my parents found Weed on me they would take my car. Even though I paid for it. Also, if you talk too casually about that you may find yourself in a predicament. A lot of police officers are on forums like this and I don't doubt that they would pursue it. I'm glad you like the car but the second you wreck it or do something else you will not be popular around here. Respect that car and yourself and you will surely enjoy both your car and this site. Rant off. God Bless and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

theres a reason camaros/TAs are the #1 deadliest car, and i think this is the reason right here.

these cars are for people who have driven a few years and know what to expect when driving. you need a clean mind to control and drive these things. anything can happen at anytime. you can get T boned and be the best driver in the world. its the other people on the roads who mess it up for you, and now knowing what you do behind the wheel of the car they are gonna avoid you. you have to be a moderately advanced driver to control f bodies in the dry/wet. when its wet out you can loose the rear in an instant. you wont even notice until your sideways or facing the opposite direction if your high.

one piece of advice. if you do happen to loose the rear end, dont hit the brakes just let off the gas. the brakes will put you somewhere you dont want to be.

Quick Reply: This 16 year old just got his 2002 WS6!