Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Back from 2 week BANNING

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok2
regardless, people are getting ripped off each day, with members with 50+ posts, check member feedback section
Of course that isn't going to stop EVERY person from scamming someone. However, common sense would tell you that people signing up on this site in order to rip someone off are less likely to stick around for several months or take the time to make 50 posts. They are more likely to leave. If we can stop just a few people from losing out by making a fairly simple rule, we will. We don't make these rules for ourselves. It would be much easier for the mods if we didn't have to track down and rid the site of the people whom think they are above the rules.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

^^ well said
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys

Last edited by barnat; 02-25-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: already posred
Old 02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks

Last edited by barnat; 02-25-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default THANKS again guys

I agree with the rules 100 percentand would have them NO other way.If you were to go back,and read my thread under the wanted section,Youll see the i specified my lack of 50 post and no price stating. I was looking for a home for my iteams and wasnt sure if it was ok to list like that or not.I was going on the advice of another member,which was in hinsite was wrong! A simple pm would have sirficed,I would have edited on the spot if asked. I enjoy this site very much and am on here daily.I think I was more JACKED about the non returning of my inquires about my statis, or notifying me of the conseqenses if i were to have tryed posting while banned, to get any kind of answers. Being banned forever because I wanted to know SOMTHING ANYTHING? Like I said this is just my opinion,not that it means anything,Im just glad to be back and to thank the guys for the positive welcoming back!And for the negitive guy with his so funny jail food remarks,trying to get me to feed into him so as to ban me permanetly No thanks guy Im not 13 years old any more Im a grown man,mybe brush up on your welcoming skills some LOL!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

zangel: i agree, i was just saying, another way to avoid getting ripped is by checking the member feedback sectin..
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess no one reads the stickys anymore
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
i guess no one reads the stickys anymore
Nice avatar!!

And welcome back from ban camp
Old 02-26-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Man,you Know Half This Guys Had To Look That Word Up Before Posting Again!! Lol Some Of This Guys Are So Miserable In Life,it Just Shines When They Let Their Fingers Do The Talking!! Lol !ya Know! Thanks Again Guy BY THE WAY I JUST LOVE YOUR SISTERS PICTURE!!! LOL JUST MESSEN GUY AND NICE *** RIDE FOR SALE TOO !!!!!!

Last edited by barnat; 02-26-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

all you had to do was follow the rules man. 50 posts isn't that much. I see you have a least 10 posts in this thread alone, and a few of them are one word posts....
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Read First!!!

Dude!!! if you were to read every thing before posting ,you would know what were talking about! It isnt the banning,Its the non notifying of banning or length of banningThe only thing I knew,I couldnt get back on!I didnt know if my PC was messed up ?It just said that i could not log on that site at that time.I sent pms ,I emailed, I did everything but log on under another name to get an answer of any kind! If you had read everthing before posting!I was lucky enough for a fellow member to call me at HOME!!!to let me know not to post for 2 weeks or i would be banned from both sites forever! F O R E V E R !FOREVER IS A LONG TIME Dont you think?This is why i brought this up period!I was in the wronge,ignorance of the law is not an excuse! Ever hear that? I've stated my wronge in ever post in here dude! Me as a member ,am just speaking my mind,I am not intentionaly trying to rub feathers here!am simple making a sugestion for future bannings GET IT NOW??AND go ahead negetive guys, try to keep this thread going,this will be my last PM on this thread! SO if your one of those gatta get the last word in type guys LOL!! More power to ya!GLAD TO BE BACK end it guys. IM OUT!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zangel
Of course that isn't going to stop EVERY person from scamming someone. However, common sense would tell you that people signing up on this site in order to rip someone off are less likely to stick around for several months or take the time to make 50 posts. They are more likely to leave. If we can stop just a few people from losing out by making a fairly simple rule, we will. We don't make these rules for ourselves. It would be much easier for the mods if we didn't have to track down and rid the site of the people whom think they are above the rules.
You should check your reading comprehension.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
You should check your reading comprehension.
Lets go through it again shall we? Member signs up on site. Member notices that he can't post in the for sale forum because he doesn't have enough posts (as the rules state). Member decides to post his things in another forum and even acknowledges that he is breaking the rules of the site. Member receives a 2 week vacation for breaking these rules and then proceeds to come back to the site in order to complain that we did not do our jobs right because we failed to notify him of his ban Then the member boasts about another site that does not have the same rules and speaks as if he believes our rules do not benefit others. I then correct this assumption. Care to point out which part you think I'm not getting, because it seems pretty clear to me?!

Last edited by Zangel; 02-26-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

It seems that a lot of people are being a lot more defensive than they need to be here. barnat, does have somewhat of a valid point. He didn' t read the sticky, and that was negligent on his part. He was banned before he even knew what he was banned for. I realize all of the mods are pretty busy keeping everyone straight, to make LS1 Tech and it' s sister sites a place that people enjoy, and want to return to. I don' t however, think it would take very long to simply copy and paste the violated rule and send it via e-mail to person being banned. There was a misunderstanding where I was banned a while back, due to a troll using a similar IP address. I was fortunate enough to have a moderator reply and correct the situation in a timely manner. At first I thought I violated one of the rules, and had no clue what I even did. I sending a small e-mail to anyone who violates a rule and gets a temp ban would be a small step, toward keeping members from making the same mistake twice. That' s my two pennies on this matter!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

yay for stickys
Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ITSA6
yay for stickys
Are you just looking for ANY way to make a reply??
Old 02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The reality is that I know of at least one sponsor who monitors the for sale section vehemenantly. He is a raging asswipe who is disliked by most of the other vendors for his tactics of undermining their sales. HE wants to be the only one selling on here so he does what he can to screw with anyone selling something. He is a steaming pile BS.
Rules are rules and they are there for reason. If you dont follow them you'll be made aware.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, stickys say it all. This way you dont need to read EVERYTHING to figure out what the rules are or ask stpid questions. They're put there by the mods to take care of newbs and keep a small amount of order on the board.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok2
regardless, people are getting ripped off each day, with members with 50+ posts, check member feedback section
True, but the 50 post/6 month membership helps weed out some of the riff raff.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
The reality is that I know of at least one sponsor who monitors the for sale section vehemenantly. He is a raging asswipe who is disliked by most of the other vendors for his tactics of undermining their sales. HE wants to be the only one selling on here so he does what he can to screw with anyone selling something. He is a steaming pile BS.
Rules are rules and they are there for reason. If you dont follow them you'll be made aware.
Ya know, since he IS a sponsor, you MIGHT not want to bring that up, as he helps keep the site up and running for thousands of us to visit, BS, and research for free.

Originally Posted by jermzz
I agree, stickys say it all. This way you dont need to read EVERYTHING to figure out what the rules are or ask stpid questions. They're put there by the mods to take care of newbs and keep a small amount of order on the board.
True, they do outline the rules and all, but they can be easily overlooked. Think of it as having a burnt brakelight, and having a cop stop you. If he doesn' t tell you you have a burnt bulb, how are you going to know it needs to be replaced? Do you spend much time behind your car, with your foot on the brake? Sure the cop might ticket you, but atleast he will tell you in writing what law you' re in violation of.

Last edited by Darth Z; 02-26-2007 at 10:33 AM.