Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

The beginning of a wonderful realtionship!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default The beginning of a wonderful realtionship!!

Hello everyone at LS1tech...
I've known of this site for some time, but have finally had time to check it out. I don't own my own computer (I prefer to spend money on auto parts) so if I don't get a response to you in a timely manner please don't be offended. I just never seem to find enough time to check my email & ect.
Anyways, I'm hoping being a part of this site will help give me ideas and guide me through some performance mods for my '99 Firebird Formula w/M6. Its Black with cloth interior with about 49k miles. I've had it for 3 1/2 years and have loved every second of owning it. I added Falken Ziex Z-rated tires wrapped onto 17" Chrome Firehawk wheels and a 20% tint to match the T-tops, and removed the FORMULA Badges from the doors. I purchased an extended warranty for it when I bought it and am looking forward to it being up in about a year. With the warranty in place, I am only allowed minor modifications without voiding it. Thus far I have added a K&N Air Filter, SLP's Loudmouth after-cat exhaust, which is awesome, and I just recently re-routed the coolant line that ran through my throttle body. I'm not looking to get too radical, but what I'd like to do is add some bolt-ons that would eventually produce 400+ RWHP. And then from there, add the means to effeciently put it to the ground. All this on a reasonable budget and of course without sacrificing an ounce of driveability. Is this asking too much? I don't think so. My next purchase will be a set of Kooks Headers with a matching catted Y-pipe. I was just reading your postings of all the different exhaust combos and advice that came with them and just eating it up. Keep that stuff coming. Any advice is surely welcomed, so feel free to throw it out there. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Colter
8-10-08
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. Where in Iowa are you? I make my way to Iowa a few times a year.
There is so many possibilities to getting to 400rwhp I would check out this sticky as well as the others to get some ideas.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....82&postcount=4
Old 12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Here I am...

Forgive me for the year it took me to reply. I finally bought a computer and just added internet a few weeks ago. I live in south eastern Iowa. A small town called North English. Still haven't bought my headers for the car, but I did by a house with some land. My brother and I built a 42'x60' shop with in-floor heat to store and work on the cars and thats kind of collected alot of the car parts money over the last year. I did manage to install an SLP Air Lid, SLP Subframe Connectors, a Spohn Adj. Torque Arm/Underbody Brace w/Driveshaft Loop, a Hurst Short-throw Shifter and most of the Free Mods. I've been scouring your site the past couple days looking for info on installing a steeper set of gears. (The general thoughts are don't waste my money. Save it and buy a Moser.) Anyways thank you for the reply and I'll talk to you soon...