Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy from South Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy from South Dakota

I have been lurking for a while but now I am starting on my project and will need some help. I have a 1995 Dark green Grey impala with a built LT1. Now I bought it built and it has been a nightmare of unreliability. The car was a blast to drive when it drove, but I have less 1K miles on it in the year that I have owned it. The latest problem has made me decide that the motor needs to be pulled. I decided since it will need thousands more in repairs and I have already spent more on the car than it is worth, why not go all out and build the car the way I want to build it. I want to put an LS/LQ engine in it for performance and reliability. not to mention the cool factor. I think I have settled on an LQ4 or LQ9 motor as they are somewhat easier and cheaper out here (A lot more trucks than Trans ams and GTO's)

About me, I am a 26 year old Drafter that designs Aerial/digger derrick boom trucks for a firm here in watertown. I am originally from a town north of Minneapolis and have moved out here to the lone Prairie. I have an old Cadillac that I inherited From my grandfather that is my pride and joy. I have wanted an 94-96 Impala since I first saw the show car in around 92-93 and after a few Roadmasters I finally got my impala. Blah blah blah Who cares lets see the cars.

and now the way the car has been getting around more than under its own power:

The Engine: (Well at least it looked pretty with all that chrome)

And the caddy!

~HJ