Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello Fellow and Lady Car Enthusiasts!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello Fellow and Lady Car Enthusiasts!

Starting my first (what I concider) street rod. Wanted to do this since I was old enough to read Hot Rod and Super Chevy magazines. Found this site through a fellow hot rodder at another site. I've been on sites for the last 6 months so I'm not new to the posting thing but still a newbie none the less. I'm glad to have found this place as all my questions on other sites have evolved around questions about the LS1. I'll be spending most of my time in the conversion/hybrid section because I'm dropping this jewel into my 36 Chevrolet Low cab. I live in Harrison Arkansas just a half an hour south of Branson Missouri.

All I really know to say is....mostly....I'm here to learn all I can. I plan in the near future to drop another LS in a project for my son (15) who lives with me. Hoping for a truck about the same year model but it'll be a open wheel/big tire set up. So....my truck is the guinea pig. LOL's. I'll try to contribute all that I can to this site. Questions for me....just ask I away and I'll do my best not to mislead anyone. Patience for me is a must....as.....I have been "LABELED" as obsessive complusive with a side of A.D.D. I am who I am. I wont bash or make you bleed. But I have no trouble with taking it. LOL's.

I'll do all I can to read/read/read/read before I post. So please bear with me. LOL's. I happy to be here!
David
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome,looks like you have a good start w/the old truck.I'm very **** about my vehicles also!!. lol
Old 12-21-2007, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87gnx
Welcome,looks like you have a good start w/the old truck.I'm very **** about my vehicles also!!. lol

GNX. Wow! My 5th vehicle was a 87 Grand Nat. Really miss that car!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish I still had the GNX!! I do have an 87 GN w/66,000 on it waxed covered on the trickle charger in the heated garage tho.(not for sale). Keep us posted on your trucks progress.G/L
Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87gnx
I wish I still had the GNX!! I do have an 87 GN w/66,000 on it waxed covered on the trickle charger in the heated garage tho.(not for sale). Keep us posted on your trucks progress.G/L

Sure will. I'll try to start some sort of documentary like someone did on the 67 Camaro. That was a great article. My trouble....I'll be on a budget so I'm shooting to have this driveable by the end of next year. Maybe sooner. I'll drive it in primer for awhile before I paint her. Want all the bugs to be fixed before she gets color.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stovebolter,

Glad to see you joined in here. You will find a wealth of info along with a bunch of helpful and fun folks. That is a good looking truck, hope you will create a project journal someplace online so we can follow your progress. Also great you have plans for a truck for your son. Since I have been playing with the LSx motors in old cars, I found that they are a great generation bridge. Many younger folks that might not be interested in a street rod, take a second look when they see the late model motor.

Pat
Old 12-21-2007, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Welcome
Old 12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
Stovebolter,

Glad to see you joined in here. You will find a wealth of info along with a bunch of helpful and fun folks. That is a good looking truck, hope you will create a project journal someplace online so we can follow your progress. Also great you have plans for a truck for your son. Since I have been playing with the LSx motors in old cars, I found that they are a great generation bridge. Many younger folks that might not be interested in a street rod, take a second look when they see the late model motor.

Pat

LOL's. I need to change my member name. I was going to go with the straight six....there is a video of a 36 Chevrolet on you tube....quite the runner.....but I decided to go with a more reliable power plant. Besides....the LS has the ability to easily become street rod jewelry! I have my polishing stuff ready already. LOL's. I've polished out many a set of ZX-7r frames and wheels and love the polished look. Besides.....its a V8. And fuel injected. Nice!