Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Addict in Houston, Tx!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Addict in Houston, Tx!

Howdy y'all (HAD to do that, lol!)

The name's Julie. I just moved to Houston/ Pasadena, Texas this summer, and are trying to find some local Fbodders and meets. I was very active in the car scene back home in Pensacola, Florida, and I miss the fun of meeting fellow gearheads and especially fellow Fbodders!

A little about myself?
-I fell in love with Fbodies the first time I laid eyes on a Trans Am. I was 14 or 15. Since then i've been all about them. Some people say i'm addicted. I say, yes! But luckily I see here we are all "addicts" so I hope to feel right at home
-Im a bit of a Halo nerd. We have weekly drunken halo parties every Thursday
-I'm pretty much a Floridian stereotype. I could be found at the beach many times a week, I own more flip flops than "shoes", and I don't know how to vote (haha just kidding ;-) )
-My husband also drives a Trans Am, and is a member of Tech as well (TexasTransAm). He races his 98 Sebring Silver in the SCCA Auto-X Houston region @ Gulf Greyhound every month, and has been holding 1st place pretty steadily all year for his track.

I drive a 2000 Trans Am WS6, named "Big Red." She's fairly new, and therefore not modded-out just yet (I've only had her for a few months!). Just a few little things (see my signature? "She'll get faster when I get richer!" haha).

(took this one the last time I went home for a visit <3 )

(My pal Sean's cammed camaro is the "twin" lol. This was at the last car meet I attended in Fl, in PC.)

Anyhoo, just thought i'd step out of the shadows and finally start posting. I've been a member for a bit now, but I mostly just looked around and used the site for help and ideas.

If anyone knows of any meets in the Houston area, especially my side of town (South/East/Pasadena), please let me know!

Last edited by MissTransAm; 12-30-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to the site! Be sure to check out the texas section in the regional forums. I too live in Houston, there are always plenty of meets around town...that is the quickest way to meet new people.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HELLO! Nice myspace pics !!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Welcome
Old 12-25-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

There are more meets in Houston than you can count. Just to let you know as you have probably noticed. Stock F-body = Cam and gas down here.

As we put up in the Texas Section, there are quite a few places to go. Not to mention the majority of the members here are probably from Tejas.

Welcome and see you around at the meets. Hope your husband keeps up the good work at the SCCA stuff as well. He should get into NASA and do some of those events as well. Has he driven out at Texas World and Motor Sports Ranch yet?

Gray
Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome. Nice twins
Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Hope your husband keeps up the good work at the SCCA stuff as well. He should get into NASA and do some of those events as well. Has he driven out at Texas World and Motor Sports Ranch yet?

Gray
Yeah, I don't think he's heard of the NASA events. He's done some auto-x at one of the universities/colleges out here; I forget which one.

And what is this Texas World/Motor Sports Ranch? Not familiar with it, but if it's any kind of road racing or auto-x, i'm sure we'd be all for it!

And hopefully we will see some of y'all tonight @ area 51 meet!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

welcome and nice t/a you got there, I live in pasadena too,maybe I'll see you cruisin the streets of pasadena one of these days. I drive a pewter t/a with a firebird in my hood.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Hope to see ya at a meet sometime
Old 12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. See you at the Area 51 meet
Old 12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Welcome. See you at the Area 51 meet
Originally Posted by REV_IT_UP
Hope to see ya at a meet sometime
Alrighty! I'll see you all tonight then! I am looking forward to meeting you fellow Female Fbodders! (it's hard to find them! most girls like rustangs!)

We will be in the Red T/A tonight (his is undergoing a few upgrades at the moment ), and we may have our pal Brian with his CETA rolling with us tonight.

Can't wait to meet you all!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! I definitely understand the love of the TA's! I was in love with them for a long time (Just sold mine!) Have fun, be safe!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Here's a few more pictures:

My husband ("TexasTransAm" on here) and I are both Trans-Ammers, and for Thanksgiving recently we decided to try a little group shot of our tag-team of TA's! Here's a few pics from the shoot:

And here is a few from the first shoot we did with our cars, when I first got Big Red back in September 07 (when she was stock).:

And here is one that shows the difference in height between a stock 00 WS6, and a 98 with an Eibach Pro kit on it (It's pretty noticable!)