Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new GTO in Ames, IA

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new GTO in Ames, IA

hey everyone, I'm TJ from Ames, IA -- just joined today after my race with another local member on these boards that I challenged at the stop light with my GTO

a little bit about myself, i'm 23, a fresh ISU graduate and I just purchased a 2004 GTO 6 spd in January (for a bargan at 14k - winter is the best time to buy these things cheap!).

i'm entirely new to GM -- I come from a very long and well established family history of Fords and Volkswagens. I'm a former Mustang owner (2000 GT), and everything else that I owned has been German...one Volkswagen and two vintage BMWs. Sounds like a odd combination, but I absolutely love cars and I love a wide variety of makes. I will admit though that for most of my life I have been very anti-GM - I love GM engines but their cars just were not for me. But since 2001 I have fallen in love with Holden and I've wanted a GTO ever since i first saw a Monaro in 2002

so here I am -- very pleased with my new GTO and how well it performs, even being stock. over time i do plan to do some modifications to the suspension, as well as some engine tweaking, but most of all I am anxious to shed its Pontiac bumpers and do a full HSV conversion.

but anyway i look forward to getting to know everyone else here and learning more about the LS1 and how to get the most out of it

Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Nice dude. Im in Ames too. Im a Junior in Finance. Hope to get a race out of ya soon. Nice ride.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

welcome to the herd. there are some goat haters on here but dont let that get to you. you have a great car welcome http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/index.php has some great info for your GTO as well.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by blkbltgoat
welcome to the herd. there are some goat haters on here but dont let that get to you. you have a great car welcome http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/index.php has some great info for your GTO as well.
yeah i'm a member over there as well as on newagegto.com fourms

i'm used to the goat haters -- usually the ones that hate them haven't driven one for the most part. and so far i've raced a WS6 and a firebird formula V8 and took both cars, so i know the GTO is no slouch

Originally Posted by V8bamf
Nice dude. Im in Ames too. Im a Junior in Finance. Hope to get a race out of ya soon. Nice ride.
i think i might have seen you a few weeks ago near the mcdonalds at west hyvee -- i never miss a GTO! definitely have to GTG sometime in ames, i know another ISU student with a silver 04 from nebraska - feel free to send a PM sometime
Old 03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

mines a Camaro Bro, but ya we should cruise sometime.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey- I had a 05 sixspeed car, they are nice. the Gto's have went down in price alot.. I bought mine for 21,800 out the door with 12k miles on it Silver/Black interior. I also bought in the winter about a year n a ahalf ago... (basically stole it) and sold it for 20,000 with 35k miles on it.. They are nice- but i had to get a procharged ss 6-speed 2001.. Start moddin your GTO- youll really love it then! Welcome 2 !