Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Soon to be new owner of 2002 TA from MD

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Soon to be new owner of 2002 TA from MD

Just waiting on my car to makes it way here. Have some questions I couldn't get answers to on Z28.Com.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from a fellow MD'er. . . .what are your questions?

Where in MD are you located?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

North East which is near Elkton or Rising Sun (think Cecil County Dragway). My car has an air-lid but stock other than that. I know I will want to do some mods to it but want bang for the buck. Maybe headers or exhaust since I read a decent amount. I can't wait to get it and see if I have the LS-6 block although in reading the LS-1 block is the better one to build. Confused on the LS-6 intake thing And the bigger one is since I am a former GN owner I want to turbo this car! Only thing is I don't want a rear mounted turbo so need to see what options exist for up in the front.

Nice to see MD people... hello!
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Looks like you are ready to start having some fun. Make sure you make your way over to the Eastern regional section and we are less than two months away from the Ocean City cruise so make sure you look into that if you haven't been before. I already live in Ocean City so I am just sitting here waiting for the summer to begin.

No matter what block you end up with you can't really go wrong. Your first basic mod with an A4 should probably be gears and a stall. If you are sure about your long term goals get parts that will support those mods even if they cost a little bit more now so you don't have to end up switching those out later along with the big mods.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea Chrispy hit the nail on the head by saying that you should mod towards a certain goal. Headers would obviously not be a great idea if you want to get a turbo eventually. There are a couple good turbo kits out in the market right now. . . .which one is right for you all depends on what you want from the turbo kit. The APS twin turbo kit is awesome and keeps A/C ; however, you pay a little bit more for it. The OFI single kit looks really nice and keeps A/C and is a little cheaper. There are several turbo options for this kit. If you dont really care about A/C then check kentucky turbo out cuz their kit is very cheap, but doesnt have A/C. Hope to see you at Cruisin OC in May and if you have any questions search first and then if you cant find anything post a question in the appropriate forum. Welcome to LS1Tech
Old 03-23-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome! Did you used to have a white 87' T????? I remember a fellow from N.E. MD from the TB & TBS.com who had a white 87' T.... If it is you I think I even bought some parts from you. Is Brian your name maybe???????