Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

1st F-body saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1st F-body saying hi

I have been lurking on the site for a few months now and feel I need to post up. I purchased a 2000 Camaro SS M6 with a few transmission problems for cheap. This site has so much useful information I never thought I would even need to post up, I can just search any subject and find info about anything I need. Anyways thanks to the site I have rebuilt my M6, put in a new syncrho kit, 3-4 billet keys, 3-4 viper shift fork, new 3-4 slider, bronze shift pads, bronze pilot bushing (say NOOOO to roller bearings) new seals, updated slave/master, ls7 clutch kit. If anyone needs any info or help with the tranny or clutch let me know. Also I know a place that sells T56 parts for a good price, non-sponsor.

I have already ported my throttle body, put in german castrol, changed rear end fluid, seafoamed my car, deleted egr, coolant bypass, eliminated cags (skip shift pissed me off in traffic), FRA, and I have only owned the car for a little over a month. All thanks to this website and now I am going to be installing some headers this weekend. Oh btw carquest sells the victor reinz (gm) MLS exhaust manifold gaskets for $13 a pair. Almost forgot I bought poly motor/tranny/torque arm mounts and have the msd wire/plug combo on the way.

It's too bad our local track in not open because I'd love to see what my car runs as I think it is a factory freak. I'm not new to fast cars by any means but this really seems like a high 12 second car. With the stock 3.42 rear end gears I can bust the 275 tires loose jamming into 2nd, bark 3rd and chirp slamming 4th. Sorry for the long post
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YAAAAAH, congrats!!! Enjoy your 1st F-Body because it wont be your last.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man yeah this site is just full of info im so glad my buddy told me about this site
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site and the fbody world. No freak there man, just a solid running car. Get some stickier tires and you will really enjoy it....i recommend the nitto 555rs...I wont go back to a non-drag radial. Wait until you throw in a cam..... =)
Old 08-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome
Old 08-09-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.