LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder racing, where's my refund!? RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Thunder racing, where's my refund!? RESOLVED

Edit: This issue was resolved. I got my refund the day after making my original post. Thanks.

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with getting a refund from Thunder Racing for a cancelled order. I've called them 3 times and they've had 2 weeks, and they've still not resolved the issue....so I figure it's time to post here. See details below:

This order was placed on 8-1-08 and consisted of an oil pan plug and some Morel lifters. While I received the oil pan plug, the lifters have been on backorder for ~3 months and I never received them.

I called customer service on 10-24-08 to cancel the lifter order since I was tired of waiting, and I was told my order was cancelled and I would be refunded on 10-28-08.

When I hadn't received the refund by 10-29-08, I called back and was informed that my order was never marked as "cancelled", so I told the representative to cancel my order. The rep told me I would then be refunded by 10-30-08.

I had still not received a refund by 11-5-08, so I called back on 11-6-2008 and was told to expect to receive the refund that same day.

I have made 3 separate attempts to obtain a refund for an order I have had to cancel twice, over the period of 2 weeks. I never received any lifters and I have still not received the $475 I paid for them after cancelling the order.

I also tried starting a dispute through paypal (since that's how I paid), but since the order was over 45 days old.....the dispute was automatically closed. I am pissed, because this isn't like waiting for $20 you lent someone....they have nearly $500 of MY money that I told them I wanted back 2 freaking weeks ago.

Last edited by beast69camaro; 11-10-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: issue resolved, rude remark removed
Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, but you'll get no help by posting here with this attitude. Who are you? I have NO outstanding refunds pending for any customers.

Call here and talk to me respectfully, and I will take care of any concerns you may have.

Also, just so you know, Morel lifters have been on national backorder for months.

Thank you,

Shane Burgess
Shop Manager
Thunder Racing, Inc.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Launching!

MY attitude? First of all, if you read my entire post, I have in fact called your customer service line THREE times (not just once, nor twice, but THREE times) over a 2 week period without success....that is the reason for my post. Second, I'm fully aware that your order with Morel has been on backorder since at least May....that has nothing to do with the fact that Thunder Racing has not refund my money on an order I cancelled over 2 weeks ago. If I had been refunded in a decent amout of time without having to call THREE times and cancel the order TWICE, I would not have created this post.

Edit: I just checked my paypal, and I received a refund the day after making this post. Thanks.

Last edited by beast69camaro; 11-09-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Since your purchase was made from a Paypal email address other than the one you placed the order under, Angie had to look through all Paypal transactions for the last 3 months in order to match the total to your order, as a matter of fact, the only way she found it was because of the dispute you filed with Paypal. Since Paypal holds your refund anywhere from 3-5 days once we process it, your last call must have gotten the problem taken care of. I am sorry for the confusion in getting this taken care of but when someone comes into a public forum with a post like yours--

THUNDER RACING, WHERE IS MY F%*KING MONEY?!

I would call that rude.

Again, I am sorry for the issues you experienced with us. We haven't been in business 13 years by cheating people out of anything.

Thank You,
Shane Burgess
Shop Manager
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Launching!

My apologies for the rude post...I was getting frustrated and didn't know what else to do. I figured paypal had held my funds for a couple days when I received the funds so quickly after posting and felt kind of like an ***. Anyway, sorry 'bout the temper. We are good now. Thanks.

-Josh

Originally Posted by XtraCajunSS
Since your purchase was made from a Paypal email address other than the one you placed the order under, Angie had to look through all Paypal transactions for the last 3 months in order to match the total to your order, as a matter of fact, the only way she found it was because of the dispute you filed with Paypal. Since Paypal holds your refund anywhere from 3-5 days once we process it, your last call must have gotten the problem taken care of. I am sorry for the confusion in getting this taken care of but when someone comes into a public forum with a post like yours--

THUNDER RACING, WHERE IS MY F%*KING MONEY?!

I would call that rude.

Again, I am sorry for the issues you experienced with us. We haven't been in business 13 years by cheating people out of anything.

Thank You,
Shane Burgess
Shop Manager
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry if I lost mine as well, Josh. No hard feelings I hope. We try so hard to make everyone happy and when someone comes on bashing, its hard not to take it personally.

Thanks for the posting in reply.

Shane

Quick Reply: Thunder racing, where's my refund!? RESOLVED