LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas-Speed...whats up with the shipping? ANSWERED

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Texas-Speed...whats up with the shipping? ANSWERED

In late December I ordered my cam package from you guys, about 10 days later my spring/pushrods finally cam...but no cam. So I called you guys up and you said most of the time they are shipped seperately because most people do the spring/pushrods first About 3 days later I finally get my cam. I was kind of annoyed after spending $700+ on a cam package that it would come in a timely fashion and all at once, but I figured that you may have been extra busy due to it being around Christmas time so I let it slide.

Then a few weeks ago I ordered the bolt/gasket package which was $53. My total came to a little over $70 and I thought that was a bit rediculous...nearly $20 to ship a bolt and some gaskets? The box coulden't have weighed more than 2 lbs. Also it took atleast 10 days to get here aswell which annoyed me as it delayed alot of things. Im just curious as to why the shipping took soo long and why it was a bit pricey? I have nothing against you guys, I have recieved A+ service from everyone, just curious.

And to be honest I am a bit hesitent about doing a mail order tune through you guys, I was set on having you guys do it, but im not sure I can go nearly 2 weeks of waiting around to have it shipped back to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Not having talked to Texas Speed but two things come to mind:
Even basic packages now have a higher base shipping cost. I believe the rates went up in January.

Second; there has been ongoing ice & snow storm clean up since last month that affected many of the northern and central states. Whatever could be re-routed to other hubs has and it overloads them until they can get deliveries out. Yours may be caught up in that mess, check the track number to see where it is.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Matt, I processed your recent order and can shed some light on this for you. First off, about the shipping prices. They are a couple dollars more than UPS charges us to ship the package, but keep in mind we have to pay the guys out there for their time as well as cover the materials to package the items you order. My apologies if it seems too expensive, but checking UPS's site it's actually right in line with what they'd charge if you walked into a store to ship this package without an account (actually they'd charge you for the materials and box).

You ordered this cam bolt and gasket package on January 22nd. The package left on January 23rd. It was delivered on January 30th (5 business days as advertised by UPS).

As for the cam package order a few months back, the cam drop-shipped straight from CompCams because we had run out of the MS3's at the time. You ordered on December 29th, and the parts that shipped from Texas Speed left on the 30th. They were delivered On January 6th (4 business days from TX to PA as advertised by UPS). We drop-ship on occasion to try and alleviate extended wait times when we run out of the more popular items. Of course we try to keep everything in stock our customers want, but at times we do run out. Again, my apologies if your salesman for that transaction didn't notify you that there would be a delay on that one!

We always try to keep any delays in customer's parts shipping to a minimum. If there are ever any questions or concerns about that, please feel free to let us know! We want you to be happy with your service! Also, we do offer upgraded shipping options for anyone wanting/needing their parts sooner than ground service allows. Orders are shipped in the order they are received, with the exception of rush delivery orders and they get moved to the front of the line to guarantee their delivery times.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for answering the questions I had Matt!

I guess those extra non-business days got to me, like I said I have nothing against you guys and have had nothing but A+ service, I was just curious. As I mentioned about the mail order tune, I still have not made up my mind yet weather I want the mail order or dyno. Thanks again for the help!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No worries. It's a common frustration with customers on the "out-skirts" of the US. We have it better than most because, due to location, and we can ship most anywhere in the continental US by ground in just 4-5 business days.

We're glad to have your business and will be happy to continue to earn your business in the future!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: Texas-Speed...whats up with the shipping? ANSWERED