LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Pa racing very poor transaction

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pa racing very poor transaction

Well, what can I say other then you get what you pay for. Recieved all the parts a few paint chips but looked ok. Started install and what a disaster.
First: Installed K-Member with engine and the entire engine is crooked. At least an inch. The Headers are know rubbing on the frame of the car, transmisson mount will have to be pryed to bolt in. Contiuned to install arms and measure stock arms and put PA arms to exact Length. Installed and struts will not line up with arms unless you bend them backwards. Called and left several messages. About 3 days later get a call from the guy telling me he has made thousands and never had this problem. We come to the conclusion to buy a set of QA1's and new strut mounts. (To the tune of a thousand dallors) Feeling better we go to install them and low and behold the same problem. The passenger Wheel is so far forward it rubs the bumper and the driverside is still in inch off. We installed a jack under the motor, loosened all the bolts, raised the car to get enough play to try and persuede the k member into the correct position. No such luck. If you have ever installed one you would know that there are location pins the line into the frame and they are in the correct spot. I start looking on there website and found a few customers were not happy with there product and what i recieved looks nothing like what is pictured. I make a phone call to them and ask if they would send me another after exhausting every option to make this work, and they tell me to pound sand. Send it back so we can see what is going on. Well how am i supposed to do that when the car has all ready tied up a rack in my shop for two weeks.... I ask him to send me another with a call tag to return the old one and we can do a swap. They say absolutly not to protect themselves. After going through this with them for a couple weeks I would think they would just take care of the problem, i mean what can this part really cost them 150 bucks worth of steel and some cheap paint. But no. when you have a problem with something from summit or jegs, they send you a new piece and a call tag to return the defective merchandise. If you do not return the back bill your card which is the same process we do at our facility.
Not the case here, just take the money and pound sand. Not that they care but I will contacting the BBB and make it a life long goal to ensure no other consumer has to go through the same problems. It is not like i can roll the car out of the shop and just move on, or as simple as a brake job. the entire car has to be taken back apart. Thanks PA for your service...

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Pa racing very poor transaction-picture-video-019.jpg   Pa racing very poor transaction-picture-video-020.jpg   Pa racing very poor transaction-picture-video-021.jpg   Pa racing very poor transaction-picture-video-022.jpg