LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Dont buy from speed inc unless they confirm items in stock.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont buy from speed inc unless they confirm items in stock.

I have been burned about 3 times by speed inc the the last two months on items all odered before christmas. Im tired of them not getting on the ball with their vendors and offering a timely delivery on items that they dont have on the shelf. It may be your vendors fault they arent delvivering in time, but its your job to get on the stick everyday to insure your vendors are taking care of your customers.

I will never order from speed inc again unless they gurantee that the item i am purchasing is in their hands and ready to ship. They do not offer realistic delivery dates on their products and have delayed my build by about 2 months. This is rediculous.

First issue : Fuel rails ... Ordered budget fuel rails and waited on delivery for two weeks.... still not rails. So i called and they said they have none in stock and it would be a while before they can get some. I opted to purchase the FAST rails at a $20.00 discount. I was happy with that and was told that they would be shipped in a week. ( this was the 2nd week in dec. ) just got these last week.

Second issue : Valve covers.... long story short ... the final excuse was that they couldnt get in touch with the vendor after leading me on for about three weeks. Asked for my money back over a week ago and am just getting it back today. ( they offered me a cheaper set of covers for the same price and i opted out ) These were ordered at the same time as the fuel rails Correction: still have not gotten money back.

Third issue : Trunnion upgrade kit .... ordered this a couple days after christmas and was told it would ship direct from comp and i still havent recieved it and hadnt heard from speed inc. talked to bryan walker via email today and this was his response " The bearings for the trunion kits are in production now, (back-ordered par) they'll be shipping in about a week and a half. "

So the moral of the story is.... if you need anything from these guys .. VERIFY ITS IN STOCK ... or be prepared to wait about 4-6 weeks. They will not call you... you will have to call them.

Oh also ... they said they we no longer doing buisiness with the provider of the valve covers... but yet they still offer this same set online.. knowing they have no stock and cant get ahold of the vendor.

http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm...ory=Valvetrain / Heads

Last edited by Hawk170; 01-22-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: correction on getting money back for valve covers
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Chris,

You are absolutely right. We always suggest that customers call, e-mail, or PM to verify that parts are in stock for exactly these reasons. Whether working with a local manufacturer or major companies like Comp Cams, there can be back order situations.

The budget rails are often on back-order, one of the reasons we try to get customers into our hi-flow rails.

The valve covers are manufactured by a local company which we decided to give them a second chance at doing business with us. They blew it again and could not deliver product. The website still shows those valve covers, but if you try to purchase them online there is no price/availability. We no longer offer them. The credit should have been done sooner, i'm sorry it was not. You have been refunded the full amount.

The trunion upgrade kits will be shipping in about a week, and we are having them sent over-night to you. I am sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience with us, and would like to make it up to you in any way we can.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Teching In

1 million dollars should cover it. I would make it a point to have someone follow up with your customers orders to insure they have been delivered or that they know when to expect them. I would also make it a point to show realistic deliveries on items that you know will have a long lead time. For example the "budget fuel rails that you say are often back ordered". I just got on your website and went through all the motions of ordering these and there was nothing telling me to expect a 4-6 week delivery. If i was someone that didn't know better i would have waited two weeks for my parts and then called you pissed that i haven't received them. You would have told me another 2-4 weeks and i would have never ordered from you guys again. The point is .... take preventative measures to insure the happiness of your customers and they will keep coming back.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Still haven't gotten my money back from these guys.... Come on bryan you said this would be handled a week ago. Are you sure you refunded the correct customer ? Please email me when you get a chance to confirm.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawk170
Still haven't gotten my money back from these guys.... Come on bryan you said this would be handled a week ago. Are you sure you refunded the correct customer ? Please email me when you get a chance to confirm.
Chris,

I checked into the refund and it was done earlier this week,
takes 3-5 business days to be deposited into your account.
If you don't see it early next week feel free to contact Bryan or I.

hope this helps?

Fraser
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Refund was recieved. thank you. Still waiting on comp cams trunnion upgrade please advise shipping status. thanks in advance bryan.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Banned

Waiting to hear back on the shipping status. I'll let you know as soon as i do.

Quick Reply: Dont buy from speed inc unless they confirm items in stock.