LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Calspeed and performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Calspeed and performance

It goes a little something like this:

Client brings in a ls1 conversion he bought from Jim at Calspeed. A while later he brings in his firebird for the swap. I get everything swapped over and find the shift linkage non-functional. I pull the trans out and find a roll pin laying in the bottom of the trans. I call Jim to ask wtf? He says the trans either wasn't checked out or his tranny guy forgot to install the pin. I put the pin back in and stuff the trans back in.

Now I find out that second gear is completely gone. Out it comes again. This time I pull it all the way apart. Second gear teeth are MIA. The cluster shaft has missing teeth, the main bearings in the center housing are trashed.

Jim says he will provide the parts to get this back together. We're coming up on three weeks now waiting...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) We had a wrecked undriveable fbody that your customer decided to purchase the complete drivetrain ls1/t56 from. The car ran fine and was drivable around the parking lot in 1st gear but was not nearly road worthy enough to test beyond that in its "totalled" state.

2) Your customer purchased this drivetrain sometime last year (6 months?) and arrived to pick it up as soon as we got the car into the shop to drop the entire drivetrain out (complete on the k-member with all suspension etc. He rolled it complete on k-member and with wheels still on the front end into his trailer. The donor car was still on the rack in pieces when he showed up to pick it up, it was removed literally as he showed up to pick it up.

3) We offered him a written 30-day replacement warranty on the engine/transmission. 6 months later we got a call there was a problem with the transmission. Despite it being far out of warranty and not having any idea of what has happened to it since that time of purchase. We offered to help, even knowing he could of blown it up or it may not even been the same transmission at all. (he was not a local customer, nor one we had any interaction or dealings with before)

4) I then told him/you that I would speak to our trans builder and see if I could help source the parts he needed to repair the t56 from one of our parts/core t56 transmissions. It took oru builder some time to tear apart extra t56's to check and see if we had any good parts to send him at NO cost because I was trying to help the guy out (he sounded like a honest guy and I'm always glad to help in anyway I can). Our trans builder was slammed with work and trying to get them apart looking for the needed parts, took me a few phone calls and pushed the urgency of trying to get the parts because your customer was deploying out of country in the military.

5) Spoke to your customer last week and I relayed that none of our core T56's had good condiition parts needed (our cores were all badly broken and all of our others were built/rebuilt lvl 1-4 t56's). We then discussed a resolution that was satisfactory/acceptable. I offered to pay for the 1/2 of the parts needed and he thought paying for 1/2 of the new needed parts was fair and I mailed him a check to cover half his parts to rebuild the T56 back to new.

...So I actually would like to say, I think your customer would hopefly post an positive review of his experience with us I hope and he stated over the phone he was satisfied with the resolution of his problem.

Last edited by CalSpeedPerformance; 02-02-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Calspeed and performance