LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

HP Tuners question (Not happy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
$9.00 congrats

No 2 bar for 98 LS1's, no custom os's for 06+ LS1's last I recall, no real time tuning custom os's.

Your splitting hairs my friend.

-Bill
We get unlimited 98's off the bat. If guys are going to boost a 98 there is a good chance they are going to use a 99+PCM for the added tables. O and we won't have a problem changing the VIN to support that either unlike some. Haven't seen an 06 LS1 here. All E38's by then for us and yes we have custom OS' for that which offer some real gains as far as switchable tunes go.
Don't need a RTT COS'. We have a real time computer that is street ahead and literally allows the software to tune the car itself once set up.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

30 credits for gen 3 cars
30 credits for gen 3 trucks

-Bill
I was on that page, but it didn't say anywhere that the group license included COS's and I learned to never assume, you're getting something, that isn't stated that its included.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry but we tried our best

We offered you a 25% discount on a new interface 10 months after sales support for the old interfaces expired.

Its a shame you got caught up in a tough situation, and its impossible to please everyone everytime, again we wish you all the best in your decision.
I have a question - Are you one of the owners?

Jim C.

Last edited by Big Geek; 06-24-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
I was on that page, but it didn't say anywhere that the group license included COS's and I learned to never assume, you're getting something, that isn't stated that its included.
Custom os enhancements come free with the unlimited vcm license for that group.

For instance if you purchase the unlimited gen 3 car vehicle group you get the custom os enhancements for all gen 3 car's free.

-Bill
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry but we tried our best

We offered you a 25% discount on a new interface 10 months after sales support for the old interfaces expired.

Its a shame you got caught up in a tough situation, and its impossible to please everyone everytime, again we wish you all the best in your decision.
You know Bill, I was gonna let this ride but YOU really have rubbed me the wrong way. So let me get this straight and set the record straight. First, you offer me a 25% discount to sell me an ENTIRELY NEW piece of software because you only allowed your EXISTING customers to upgrade for a limited amount of time? I'm pretty sure I understand that correctly. Having said that, I going to try to be polite as possible when I say that is not right. If I sold a product such as ya'll's I would make sure that the customer was able to upgrade PERIOD. Don't sell something that once you can no longer physically support you put a time limit on upgrading. That is **** poor planning period. (That's allot of P's.)

Secondly, this isn't an issue of not supporting the old stuff. This is an issue of pissing on your customers by putting a time limit on them UPGRADING and telling them "Sorry you missed the timeline but we will sell you a whole new package which cost many hundreds more than the upgrade for 25% off since you have been with us already and you can keep your old stuff but if you want to upgrade those old credits dig a little deeper". During these economic times it is not wise to have such an attitude. People are way more frugal with their money and will be so for a long time to come. This does not put allot of confidence in a prospective buyers mind. No one here is bitching about the price of the upgrade. It's the time limit put on it. If you are one of the owner's and can't take care of your customers better than that then you need to allow someone else to do so because frankly my friend your attitude is making my point for me. Ya'll make a bad *** piece of software but what damn good is it if I can't continue to use it without buying it ALL over again.

Irony = Ya'll basically telling your customers well "ya'll have to understand that we don't have the man power to just upgrade them at will so you have to work with us" but then turn around and not work with your customers in return. I bet there have been only a handful of stragglers such as myself and you would rather lose future and potential business than take care of the individual. I am familiar with the good of the collective but sometimes you have to take care of the individual as well. We aren't talking about a $0.99 cent bobble head doll, this is a multi hundred dollar piece of software and ya'll make hundreds off of credits the longer customers such as myself that own said software buy as well as the UPGRADES.

Remember these words - As everything within the internet this too will blow over BUT the attitude displayed here will stick in people's memories (And the search function.) for a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg time to come. I wish you the best as well.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Check this out slice (Keep in mind I am typing this after several Glenlivet n Diet Cokes. Cheers!!!!) I would rather pay more now for great customer service down the road than pay less and only get a chance at said service after an issue such as this blowing up. This is a mole hill that has turned into a mountain. Again, I have sung ya'll's praises far and wide for creating a piece of software that has NEVER ONCE let me down. I wish I could say the same for this issue here. Guy's in all seriousness if it were up to me I would take this opportunity to take away from this a resolve to step up and take a firm grasp on our customer service. Do what it takes to try and make each customer happy, not just as a whole but even do our best for the individual. These same individuals will sing your praises at each mountain top. They will cheer when you are up and pick you up when you fall. I was watching "Hoffa" the other day and something struck me. He makes a comment something to the affect of - "You slight someone and that ************ will hate you til the day he dies". I took something away from that but hell maybe thats just me...........

At the end of the day I always remember this -

Live like there is no tomorrow,
Love like there is no other and
Dance like no one is watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should have been around back in 2004 when this company was just starting up.I doubt if Bill was even around then. It was just Keith, Ken, and Chris. Many of us, me included paid over $3000 for their Pro Tuner package with 1 model year then they dropped the price to around $400 that included 2 model years. I complained for quite a while and got no where. It was just too bad, we lowered our price.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned

Custom os enhancements come free with the unlimited vcm license for that group.

For instance if you purchase the unlimited gen 3 car vehicle group you get the custom os enhancements for all gen 3 car's free.

-Bill
I believe you, I just can't find were it says it on the web site
It's a selling point and should be one the same page as the rest of the group pricing

Last edited by poconojoe; 06-25-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
7 Second Club

Received 305 Likes on 205 Posts

Cry me a river, I have never seen so much whining about something so stupid in my life. You either deal with missing the upgrade period of 2 years and spend the money to get the new version or buy another package if it makes you feel better. I did the upgrade and paid extra for the new version of HPT when it came out, I also paid for LS1edit way back before that when it came out in beta and dealt with that shitty software, and I also have EFILive so it's not like I am taking sides.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I believe you, I just can't find were it says it on the web site
It's a selling point and should be one the same page as the rest of the group pricing
Eh probably, most people just ask us directly and most new to tuning don't know what a custom operating system is or what it does so end up either asking us or on our forum

FYI we posted about it in our forums FAQ sticky http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8632 that best explains custom operating systems anyway so is a reference point in almost all cases.

-Bill
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

If I sold a product such as ya'll's I would make sure that the customer was able to upgrade PERIOD. Don't sell something that once you can no longer physically support you put a time limit on upgrading. That is **** poor planning period. (That's allot of P's.)
I'm not affiliated with HPT or anyone else in this thread to my knowledge, and my thoughts do not represent those of any other entity than myself. I'm so cheap I still use LS1Edit and an old EFILive/Autotap scanner.

It is a basic business principle to jettison bad customers, whether HPT knows it or not. Bad customers cost more to retain than good customers, so a smart company with good products will dump bad customers and instead concentrate on retaining and expanding the pool of good customers.

You fit the "bad customer" category in my opinion. You didn't upgrade while HPT was applying its resources to the upgrade process. Now you're here tying up foff667's time trying to salve your ego, instead of doing whatever he does to generate revenue for HPT.

Why should HPT tie up resources supporting old product for a teeny tiny minority of customers, when they could be investing their labor developing more new products and supporting customers who are generating revenue?

You call it "**** poor planning period" but in reality you have received fair value for what you paid at the time. You have a choice to make...take HPT's proposal at 25% discount, or shop for a better deal and fire them.

If you want perpetual support, go to church dude.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NicD
Cry me a river, I have never seen so much whining about something so stupid in my life. You either deal with missing the upgrade period of 2 years and spend the money to get the new version or buy another package if it makes you feel better. I did the upgrade and paid extra for the new version of HPT when it came out, I also paid for LS1edit way back before that when it came out in beta and dealt with that shitty software, and I also have EFILive so it's not like I am taking sides.
I don't give two ***** if you think it's whining or not. If you paid more or less then good for you. If you just wanna run your mouth to those of us who are upset then post it in some other thread.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You should have been around back in 2004 when this company was just starting up.I doubt if Bill was even around then. It was just Keith, Ken, and Chris. Many of us, me included paid over $3000 for their Pro Tuner package with 1 model year then they dropped the price to around $400 that included 2 model years. I complained for quite a while and got no where. It was just too bad, we lowered our price.
No compromise at all? That is the kinda bullshit that I am talking about right there. I deal with some very large and very small software companies and have never been through something like this nor heard of someone being treated as you posted above. I remember the last time I bought some software for one of the W.A.N.s I maintain, the company dropped the price and when I called them about it they offered what I considered a more than reasonable offer. They discounted our maintenaince agreement and offered free upgrades for said maintenance contract. I am not asking for that here. I am willing to pay but am not willing to buy a new package and take the chance of getting screwed again. I bought mine in 05 if I remember correctly.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crainholio
I'm not affiliated with HPT or anyone else in this thread to my knowledge, and my thoughts do not represent those of any other entity than myself. I'm so cheap I still use LS1Edit and an old EFILive/Autotap scanner.

It is a basic business principle to jettison bad customers, whether HPT knows it or not. Bad customers cost more to retain than good customers, so a smart company with good products will dump bad customers and instead concentrate on retaining and expanding the pool of good customers.

You fit the "bad customer" category in my opinion. You didn't upgrade while HPT was applying its resources to the upgrade process. Now you're here tying up foff667's time trying to salve your ego, instead of doing whatever he does to generate revenue for HPT.

Why should HPT tie up resources supporting old product for a teeny tiny minority of customers, when they could be investing their labor developing more new products and supporting customers who are generating revenue?

You call it "**** poor planning period" but in reality you have received fair value for what you paid at the time. You have a choice to make...take HPT's proposal at 25% discount, or shop for a better deal and fire them.

If you want perpetual support, go to church dude.
Ahh, I'm guessing a mid 20s to early 30s "I know all about business" type. Thank you for the education, you could have saved me tons of college tuition had I just been in touch with you sooner. I've only been in the software field for ohhhhh............ 18+ years but thank you Obi Wan for your insite. If I fit the "bad customer" profile then that's fine I will be an EFI Live customer. I bet they would be more than happy to have my bad business type. (Been a FAST customer for 12 years.) I guess the folks at EFI Live must love "bad customers" because from my understanding you can upgrade with them anytime you like. Hmmmmmmm..................... That's odd. Seem's from what you are stating that they base their sales around all customers, not just those that stay on internet forums instead of working. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway now that Harvard business class is out let's get back to the issue at hand.

Jim C.

Last edited by Big Geek; 06-25-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
7 Second Club

I don't give two ***** if you think it's whining or not. If you paid more or less then good for you. If you just wanna run your mouth to those of us who are upset then post it in some other thread.

Jim C.
You are whining on a public forum so you get to hear everybody's opinion regardless if you give two ***** or not. My opinion is that you are a whiner and definitely one of those guys that nobody wants to deal with. Too bad for you because I couldn't give two ***** either. Have a good day!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

You are whining on a public forum so you get to hear everybody's opinion regardless if you give two ***** or not. My opinion is that you are a whiner and definitely one of those guys that nobody wants to deal with. Too bad for you because I couldn't give two ***** either. Have a good day!
Well cheif opinions are like ********. Everyone has one and some's stink worse than others and yours reaks. Having said that if I was such a pain in the *** to deal with I wouldn't have the long standing relationship with many vendors that I have had and continue to have so once again post up your bullshit in someone elses thread. Thank you for playing.

Jim C.

PS - If you didn't give a **** you wouldn't be trying to **** up my thread so you make no sense.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
7 Second Club

There is a big difference between giving a **** about your thread and having fun ripping on you, but you seem to have enough comprehension problems as it is soo.... It's also funny how angry you get when people aren't boohooing with you in the corner. THREAD BACKFIRE! I'm sure the long standing vendors that you have such great relationships with are going to look at this thread and wonder when they might be next to **** you off so you can make another boohoo thread on here to feel sorry for yourself.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

There is a big difference between giving a **** about your thread and having fun ripping on you. It's also funny how angry you get when people aren't boohooing with you in the corner. THREAD BACKFIRE! I'm sure the long standing vendors that you have such great relationships with are going to look at this thread and wonder when they might be next to **** you off so you can make another boohoo thread on here to feel sorry for yourself.
Boo, Hoo
After reading some of your other posts, I feel real sorry for you
You need a life, or at least clue

Most of the posters in this thread feel the OP isn't getting a fair deal, so the thread far from backfired, so you can now go and wear your cap a little lower in the front, so people don't see the big "L" in the middle of your forehead

PS In the thread about putting the 2002 OS in the 2000 PCM, it's done all the time, by people with real tuning software, that know what they're doing, I guess you're not in that class
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also keep in mind we'll continue to offer software support ie you'll get 2.24, 2.26, etc without any additional charges/deadlines.
Sooo.... stop arguing on a forum and go get back to work on 2.24.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
7 Second Club

Boo, Hoo
After reading some of your other posts, I feel real sorry for you
You need a life, or at least clue

Most of the posters in this thread feel the OP isn't getting a fair deal, so the thread far from backfired, so you can now go and wear your cap a little lower in the front, so people don't see the big "L" in the middle of your forehead

PS In the thread about putting the 2002 OS in the 2000 PCM, it's done all the time, by people with real tuning software, that know what they're doing, I guess you're not in that class
Most of the posters in this thread are at bat for EFILive so when anybody comes on that has an issue with HP Tuners you get an EFILive sausage fest. I have both and I don't pick sides so I don't go swinging off anybody nuts. But since you want to read back on some of my posts please post up what I am wrong about I would love to know.

PS in that thread you can load any operating system you want with HP Tuners as well but that's not what he was trying to do. I could easily do it with either HP Tuners or EFI Live but the guy was a newbie with HP Tuners and didn't know how to use it nor should anybody condone just loading in another's calibration since every motor is different.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners question (Not happy)