LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

HP Tuners question (Not happy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Ahh, I'm guessing a mid 20s to early 30s "I know all about business" type.
You haven't been right about much in this thread, and you're not making progress. 40-something and two Fortune 50 corporations over the past 15 years. Army before that.

I definitely do not know all about buiness. I do know that dumping bad customers is practiced.

Thank you for the education, you could have saved me tons of college tuition had I just been in touch with you sooner. I've only been in the software field for ohhhhh............ 18+ years but thank you Obi Wan for your insite.
I hope you're good at programming.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
Most of the posters in this thread are at bat for EFILive so when anybody comes on that has an issue with HP Tuners you get an EFILive sausage fest. I have both and I don't pick sides so I don't go swinging off anybody nuts. But since you want to read back on some of my posts please post up what I am wrong about I would love to know.

PS in that thread you can load any operating system you want with HP Tuners as well but that's not what he was trying to do. I could easily do it with either HP Tuners or EFI Live but the guy was a newbie with HP Tuners and didn't know how to use it nor should anybody condone just loading in another's calibration since every motor is different.
His Request

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
Here is the situation,

A friend of mine knows just a little bit about HP Tuners and has bought the 650 dollar pro version. My car and his car have nearly the same mods. Same Cam, same heads, similar exhaust, similar stall size, and similar intake.

What does you have to do to take his tune from his 2002 camaro and put it on my 2000 camaro?

As far as I know the PCMs are different part numbers because the 2000s have EGR pump programming.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Dakota
Your Response

There are many differences between a 2000 OS and a 2002 OS that will not translate or copy.

There might be many differances in the calibrations, but the OS will copy right over to the PCM. So your post is wrong
Now when you get to the part where you need to put the 2000 VIN back in the PCM, exactly how will you accomplish this?
So, no you can't do it with HP Tuners, been there, tried that, wasted credits.

PS Instead of trying to rattle somebody's cage on here, maybe you should take a few reading comprehension lessons, so you understand what you posted.
I always felt these foums were to educate and help your fellow member and of course to help the sponsors sell poduct, so if you need loan of a a panties extractor, or cranial / **** head inversion repair instructions, I'm sure one of the fine members on here would help you out

PSS There would be nothing wrong with him using his buddy's tune for a base file, his buddy has HP tuners, to tweak and finalize the tune, with their great features, like real time tuning (even though., I prefer my roadrunner) and auto-tune, you should be able to get a one arm monkey, that's half blind, to do the tune with great success, even you seem to be able to tune with it. That's saying a lot for its ability, right there
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is a 2000 and has been re-written to 2002 OS. I've never done this. I had a friend do it before I had software and started tuning.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
7 Second Club

Received 305 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
There might be many differances in the calibrations, but the OS will copy right over to the PCM. So your post is wrong
And he will not pass AZ emissions that way nor will his VIN be correct so my post is not wrong. Bottom line is it was two new guys playing with HP Tuners and neither had any experience with it so the last thing somebody should do is load in another's tune because it's the same combo and expect it to be OK.

PS Instead of trying to rattle somebody's cage on here, maybe you should take a few reading comprehension lessons, so you understand what you posted.
I know exactly what I posted and it was posted for a reason. Just because you don't understand the reason doesn't mean that I didn't comprehend something.

PSS There would be nothing wrong with him using his buddy's tune for a base file, his buddy has HP tuners, to tweak and finalize the tune, with their great features, like real time tuning (even though., I prefer my roadrunner) and auto-tune, you should be able to get a one arm monkey, that's half blind, to do the tune with great success, even you seem to be able to tune with it. That's saying a lot for its ability, right there
Sure there would plenty of differences still, it's setup for a different vehicle and there isn't a single professional tuner around that I know that would suggest just loading in somebody else's entire tune and working it. I know you think you are being sly by trying to insult my tuning ability but that's not going to work because I really couldn't care less what some hack on the internet thinks.

But please since you insist on going back through my previous posts to try to dig up something that I said incorrectly, I am still waiting. This is fun I haven't been in an internet e-peen measuring contest in a while... and my dad can beat up your dad.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a big difference between giving a **** about your thread and having fun ripping on you, but you seem to have enough comprehension problems as it is soo.... It's also funny how angry you get when people aren't boohooing with you in the corner. THREAD BACKFIRE! I'm sure the long standing vendors that you have such great relationships with are going to look at this thread and wonder when they might be next to **** you off so you can make another boohoo thread on here to feel sorry for yourself.
Man what are you rambling about? Feeling sorry for myself, thread backfire, boo hoo, yadda, yadda, yadda. You seem to want a fight. Is that what is wrong with you? I comprehend just fine but have stated a valid point. If you are too obtuse to get it then thats a shame. They provided a service that I feel is lacking, not the software but the service. So take your *** back to doing D.O.T. work instead of wasting valuable state resources dicking around on the computer. And to think we wonder why taxes are so high. People, several of them PM and emailed to tell me what a douche you can be. Hehe, post backfire! As for you getting under my skin, listen Simple Simon you would have to do better than this. If I get that tired of listening to your bullshit I am sure they have a wonderful "ignore" feature in here somewhere.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crainholio
You haven't been right about much in this thread, and you're not making progress. 40-something and two Fortune 50 corporations over the past 15 years. Army before that.

I definitely do not know all about buiness. I do know that dumping bad customers is practiced.

I hope you're good at programming.
No ****!? I hope your not talking about the mail room. Which two companies, I'll make sure to avoid them if they are hiring folks like yourself. Where did you get your education/degree? What is it/ are they in? What do you do? Now you have my curiosity peeked. You can bet your sweet *** I'm good at what I do. Wow how this thread has gone to **** do to a couple of brain children.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Last night I got a phone call from Jay at HP Tuners and I will say that this guy should be making the customer service decisions at HP Tuners. He is very easy to work with and I found him to be quite the gentleman. As such I would recommend to anyone having issues with customer service to email him. I believe that you will find him much more receptive than anyone else. I sent him an email a second ago explaining that I ordered EFI Live but wanted to let folks here know that he appeared to genuinely care about their customers, unlike the rest who would appear indifferent. I wish he was in charge of overall customer service. Thanks Jay I appreciate your time and effort, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm sorry we are parting company and wish I had met you earlier. Take care.

Jim C.

Last edited by Big Geek; 06-25-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

I know you think you are being sly by trying to insult my tuning ability but that's not going to work because I really couldn't care less what some hack on the internet thinks.
Sure you do or you wouldn't still be posting.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No ****!? I hope your not talking about the mail room. Which two companies, I'll make sure to avoid them if they are hiring folks like yourself. Where did you get your education/degree? What is it/ are they in? What do you do? Now you have my curiosity peeked. You can bet your sweet *** I'm good at what I do. Wow how this thread has gone to **** do to a couple of brain children.

Jim C.
I got mine from an accredited university where grammar such as yours wouldn't have passed. You should ask for a refund.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crainholio
I got mine from an accredited university where grammar such as yours wouldn't have passed. You should ask for a refund.
Ohhhhh........ Wahahaha! When all else fails and you don't want to answer the questions find something wrong with spelling or grammer. It's ok if you don't want to answer them, it doesn't matter. My grammer is just fine when it counts and they are accredited. As a matter of fact I am sure that you probably make the folks at whatever community or online college you recieved yours at are very proud of you having worked at fortune 500 companies. At any rate many thanks to you and one or two others for trying your level best to **** up a thread but then again what would the internet be witout at least one or two dipshits on every thread. Peace.

Jim C.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
7 Second Club

This thread rules!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Banned

And he will not pass AZ emissions that way nor will his VIN be correct so my post is not wrong. Bottom line is it was two new guys playing with HP Tuners and neither had any experience with it so the last thing somebody should do is load in another's tune because it's the same combo and expect it to be OK.
You're wrong, it can pass AZ emissions, if you used a real tuning package, like even JET DT, since will allow you to put the required VIN back in the PCM. I recently did a 12200411 swap PCM for a guy that need to pass plug in emissions testing with a 98 F- body that was rewired for the newer PCM. After doing the segment swap to correct the fuel gauge (something else you can't do yourself with HPT), I Flashed the PCM and put in his correct VIN for the vehicle. It went through with no issues. I do a fair amount of flashed for the Mazda / Nissan swap guy and put their VIN's back in the LS PCM, if they need to pass plug in emission testing, you can't do it, because of your beloved software's license scheme.
You can now get off your high horse (most likly a hobby horse, in your case), you've been proven wrong

By the way, you assumed his buddy had no tuning experiance, because he just bough HPT, I know guys with lots of tuning experiance, that don't own tuning software
Old 06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
7 Second Club

You're wrong, it can pass AZ emissions, if you used a real tuning package, like even JET DT, since will allow you to put the required VIN back in the PCM. I recently did a 12200411 swap PCM for a guy that need to pass plug in emissions testing with a 98 F- body that was rewired for the newer PCM. After doing the segment swap to correct the fuel gauge (something else you can't do yourself with HPT), I Flashed the PCM and put in his correct VIN for the vehicle. It went through with no issues. I do a fair amount of flashed for the Mazda / Nissan swap guy and put their VIN's back in the LS PCM, if they need to pass plug in emission testing, you can't do it, because of your beloved software's license scheme.
You can now get off your high horse (most likly a hobby horse, in your case), you've been proven wrong
You do realize that's what I said right? That he won't be able to pass emissions here in AZ by using HPTuners to just flash in a different operating system from his friends car with a different VIN. I am glad you like arguing with yourself. There is a reason I use multiple software packages.

By the way, you assumed his buddy had no tuning experiance, because he just bough HPT, I know guys with lots of tuning experiance, that don't own tuning software
I didn't assume anything, the op in that thread said he and his buddy were new to the software and were asking how to do it. What you don't know is that I know both of the guys and already talked to them about it to get them taken care of. He was also going on a long cruise the very next day after the cam install which is also why I told him to wait and not drive around on a tune from another guy's car. No reason to burn two credits to load in a different OS when it's not necessary. Like I said, you don't know of the situation so go ahead and keep making assumptions

So are you digging around on the site to try to find something I was wrong about?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

You do realize that's what I said right? That he won't be able to pass emissions here in AZ by using HPTuners to just flash in a different operating system from his friends car with a different VIN. I am glad you like arguing with yourself. There is a reason I use multiple software packages.

I didn't assume anything, the op in that thread said he and his buddy were new to the software and were asking how to do it. What you don't know is that I know both of the guys and already talked to them about it to get them taken care of. He was also going on a long cruise the very next day after the cam install which is also why I told him to wait and not drive around on a tune from another guy's car. No reason to burn two credits to load in a different OS when it's not necessary. Like I said, you don't know of the situation so go ahead and keep making assumptions

So are you digging around on the site to try to find something I was wrong about?

I wouldn't waste my time, but your original post is still "Wrong" since rthey were planning on swapping the whole OS, it didn't mater if they were differances in the way the calibrations or tables were laid out.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
7 Second Club

I wouldn't waste my time, but your original post is still "Wrong" since rthey were planning on swapping the whole OS, it didn't mater if they were differances in the way the calibrations or tables were laid out.
It was very much correct since the proper way to do it and pass emissions WITH THE SOFTWARE THEY HAD would be to go table by table and copy differences over, which requires the knowledge to know which tables are totally different and/or scaled differently and which ones really need to be copied since there are plenty that don't "match up" yet are fine left alone between the operating systems. But I'm sure you knew that since you think you are the expert here. LMFAO

So I take it you are done trying to argue over the basics?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

It was very much correct since the proper way to do it and pass emissions WITH THE SOFTWARE THEY HAD would be to go table by table and copy differences over, which requires the knowledge to know which tables are totally different and/or scaled differently and which ones really need to be copied since there are plenty that don't "match up" yet are fine left alone between the operating systems. But I'm sure you knew that since you think you are the expert here. LMFAO

So I take it you are done trying to argue over the basics?
First you say they shouldn't use his tune, now you say he should swap the tables differances over, make up your mind, or keep back peddling. The correct way to do it is swap the operating system, they just so happen to make a choice in software, that couldn't do the correct thing, what would you expect from a bunch of newbies, listening to all the hype.
This still doesn't change the fact you were wrong
Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 PM
7 Second Club

First you say they shouldn't use his tune, now you say he should swap the tables differances over, make up your mind, or keep back peddling. The correct way to do it is swap the operating system, they just so happen to make a choice in software, that couldn't do the correct thing, what would you expect from a bunch of newbies, listening to all the hype.
This still doesn't change the fact you were wrong
You can't be this stupid right? Backpeddling? Wow you really are clueless aren't you. They shouldn't use somebody else's tune and then go on a big cruise where I am sure they will be beating on it yes that is correct. However if you HAD to make the car run and drive the proper way to copy elements out of different operating systems requires knowledge on what can stay and what can go and is not for beginners who don't know where to start. I really didn't think this was that hard of a concept to grasp but maybe it is. Not sure why you keep bringing up the licensing scheme of HP Tuners vs whatever else, it is what it is.

You are really grasping here but that's OK, it's still entertaining to see you fumble around.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
7 Second Club

Hell after looking at your posts over the last few months (hell make that years) it's just nothing but quips and jabs at HP Tuners, no wonder you are on this like flies on ****.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

Hell after looking at your posts over the last few months (hell make that years) it's just nothing but quips and jabs at HP Tuners, no wonder you are on this like flies on ****.
I haven't been on here for years, so looks like you're wrong again
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
7 Second Club

I haven't been on here for years, so looks like you're wrong again
Looks like your join date is in 08. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure it's 2010 and my statement is still true so keep up the good fight!

Quick Reply: HP Tuners question (Not happy)