LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

HP Tuners question (Not happy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
Not sure why you keep bringing up the licensing scheme of HP Tuners vs whatever else, it is what it is.
Are you really that dumb or do you spend too much time in a AZ sun? Well atleast the air is dry.
If HPT didn't decide to use their current license scheme, which doesn't allow you to change the VIN, this guys whole issue could have been taken care of, in under an hour, including test driving it and logging it to make the minor adjustments, that would be required for the slight differances between the 2 vehicles. Lets see how hard would it be. Down load tune from vehicle #1, plug the roadrunner in to vehicle #2 hook the laptop up to the roadrunner, start EFI Live RRT open the file, start the vehicle , drive it and do some real time tuning, save the file and then, install the original PCM and flash it with the corrected tune.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
7 Second Club

Received 305 Likes on 205 Posts

There you go arguing with yourself again. LMFAO you're killing me dude.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Looks like your join date is in 08. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure it's 2010 and my statement is still true so keep up the good fight!

No I'd rather just call you what you are, uneducated, since it would have to be after the month I joined to be years and it isn't, so you're wrong again.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

Did I say here only?
Show me another forum, where I was bashing HPT for years
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Ohhhhh........ Wahahaha! When all else fails and you don't want to answer the questions find something wrong with spelling or grammer. It's ok if you don't want to answer them, it doesn't matter. My grammer is just fine when it counts and they are accredited.
For the win.

Now go change your panties.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Last night I got a phone call from Jay at HP Tuners and I will say that this guy should be making the customer service decisions at HP Tuners. He is very easy to work with and I found him to be quite the gentleman. As such I would recommend to anyone having issues with customer service to email him. I believe that you will find him much more receptive than anyone else. I sent him an email a second ago explaining that I ordered EFI Live but wanted to let folks here know that he appeared to genuinely care about their customers, unlike the rest who would appear indifferent. I wish he was in charge of overall customer service. Thanks Jay I appreciate your time and effort, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm sorry we are parting company and wish I had met you earlier. Take care.

Jim C.
Glad to hear Jay was able to get ahold of you. Hopefully we can end this thread on a positive note.

Maybe the moderators can clean up this thread a bit and move it to the sponsor feedback section since its obviously gotten well off track.

Have a good one Jim

-Bill
Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 AM
FormerVendor

There is so much WIN in this thread.

Big Geek - You made your point in the first post, after that it's just "hey I'm gonna use tha inner netz to try and force your hand". With all of the spite in your post, I would pass on keeping you as a customer myself. You poke at the education of others... you should really read all of your posts here in this thread. Really. Really-really.

Poconojoe - Everyone (except possibly the OP) knows that almost all of your posts are complaining about HPTuner's. You have good info to share, especially for the swap guys but you sound like a broken record with the HPTuner's hate. You and Macca should take a vacation and spend some time together. Is it EVER going to get old to (either of) you? You aren't going to catch Nic not knowing what he's talking about. Of course what he said was right about the trying to move all of the visible cal data from one year to another being the wrong way; that is the wrong way. Posts like this demonstrate that while you may know ONE way, knowing ALL WAYS would be much more useful to those posters: https://ls1tech.com/forums/13519620-post81.html Any competent tuner will know what can carry over and what won't and they don't need to goto the lengths that you write about.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Frost
Of course what he said was right about the trying to move all of the visible cal data from one year to another being the wrong way; that is the wrong way. .
I never said it wasn't, the wrong way to do it, but Nick did avocat doing it, over swapping out the OS's.
As far as Nick not ever being wrong, his statement about different cars with same mods, not being able to use the same tune, must mean your mail order tunes don't work very well, and we know that's not true, since nobody I know that has been sent to you for one, has complained about them. So thank you for proving Nick wrong

Originally Posted by Frost
Posts like this demonstrate that while you may know ONE way, knowing ALL WAYS would be much more useful to those posters: https://ls1tech.com/forums/13519620-post81.html Any competent tuner will know what can carry over and what won't and they don't need to goto the lengths that you write about.
I'm willing to bet, being involved with swaps, I get to deal with these type issues, more often then Nick or a lot of the other users do, and swapping the OS in to the PCM would be faster, and better, then spending all the time, swapping values from visible tables. Nick is the one that only seems to know one way. Honestly, think about your last 50 MO tunes, in how many of them, did you take the time to copy table info from one tune to another, I doubt if it was more then once. Most of them, you took a tune from your massive database of dyno tunes you did in the past and copied the calibration to the MO tune's PCM, maybe tweaked a few values, made sure the tire size, rear ratio, etc., were correct for the customer's vehicle and sent it on its way, to another happy customer. My method to do it doesn't go to great lengths, I think, I could easily do it, in less time then your competent tuner could manually copy the calibration values and I'd end up with a complete job and he'd still need to at least DL it, to see if it still needs tweaking. Nick speaks volumes of what type of person he is, by being a mod and coming in to this thread just to rattle the OP's chain. Plus I really like it, when he abused his Mod power and changed his response, to my post, and it doesn't show being edited, I guess he didn't think I'd be there to catch it and respond to it. I also think if Mr. Henn would have realized this thread was going to get so big, he would have done more in the beginning, I glad to see someone from HPT coming forward and trying to help the OP out. As far as me bashing HPT, I don't, I might point out some of their limitations, like in the case Nick and I discussed, where their license scheme prevented the user from upgrading his OS and putting his original VIN in it, or them feeling its OK, to have to send them, the files, if you need a segment swap done. I might have been a little rough on Mr. Henn in the past, but since I had some issues trying to get some satisfaction over credits, in the past and his attitude, was similar, in that case too. I find the customer support, much better at the other vendors, I use. Enough said, I'm glad to see the OP, at least getting the proverbial olive branch from the vendor, to make amends, it was more then I expected.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners question (Not happy)