LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Time for us to take a stand

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004 | 05:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

And 11 Bravo, I can give you examples of folks who would say that they were left hanging by Joe Prince. I like Joe, I think he's sharp, but I also thought his transition to joining a bigger shop than his own was a bit bumpy. All of the negative threads on our site have been to do with JPR builds. All in all there were maybe 2 or 3 threads like this. That one guy probably just had an o-ring needing to be replaced on his oil pump so that was minor to me. That other guy had a leaned out engine, so that was a fuel issue/ tuning issue, but I don't have enough data nor know the guy personally.
Old 01-24-2004 | 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah 11 bravo I for sure do not think that JPR did anything on purpose nor was that the intent of any of my posts. You are right it is stupid to go 150 mph on a bad tune. The point I was trying to make is that I was never told my tune was bad. I was only told to have the pcm re-tuned once I got my throttle body in order to gain more power. Not for safety or a/f issues. Either way I got my throttle body a few weeks after my car was already detonated but this is a mute point. Please take no offense, this forum is awesome and it is a great way to express ourselves in cases like mine. I made several posts before I said anything about JD or JPR making sure that I was 99.9 % sure of what I was talking about.. I made no changes to my car after the head/cam/tune and my car detonated to the point that I am at where I am at now. I have true duals and maybe that is why I could not hear any audible pinging? Also I only warned George C to be careful of his tune. Nothing more. I had discussed basically everything with JD and JPR on the phone until that point and JD accused me of being the person responsible for the bad tune on my car on the forums here. It was that post that prompted me to say anything and everything I said about JD and JPR.

If I did something wrong what was it? I honestly do not believe that I did.
Old 01-24-2004 | 06:28 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I don't know, you tell me. It just pisses me off that internet bs ran off two good sponsors. Someone give specific proof that JP purposely screwed them over (read all the posts, didn't see it) and I will take back everything I said. Except for the part about people slamming his personality when he had horrible personal problems. There is no excuse for that. It wasn't our conversation that causes me to feel he got screwed. Because if I ever saw proof or thought he did customers wrong before talking to him I would have canceled my order long ago.
Well I asked JD to come back via internet and via email. I do not apologize for any remarks I made except for the personal attack I made on someones physical attributes. I kind of lost it there for a second. You have no idea what Mike K. and I went through while we were up there. We were lied too before we arrived and the lie continued once we got there. Unfortunately Mike K. and I was not in a position to do anything once JPR took Mike K.'s motor apart so we remained silent. The things we saw and heard from JPR and JPR's friends up there disturbed us. JPR can talk the talk just like any good salesperson, but reality hit quick once the ball actually started rolling. Mike K. was NEVER, NEVER, NEVER told he had a bad tune. What he was told was he could get more horsepower if he sent the pcm back after the throttle body was sent to him. JPR's instructions to Mike K. and I was to wait for the
throttle body, install it, get the car dyno'd with the maft that JPR left on Mike K.'s car and for us to send the dyno graph along with the pcm back to JPR. No one said anything about a BAD Tune at that time. If Mike K. and I would have known we were getting a tune that would have caused massive detonation in just 2000 miles he would have requested to leave the stock tune on the car and would have used the maft to make the car rich. It was JPR who told Mike K. that the tune was most likely the culprit of his motor woes. This was after Mike K.'s car was down. All I can say is if JD is building your 427ci 11B you will be fine.
Old 01-24-2004 | 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

John: I don't think you know me as one who comes on here to cause controversy, but after talking to JP and hearing his problems and how bummed he is it got me pissed and I could not hold back anymore. I think that 6 page thread is why he is gone, and with all the people who had nothing to do with it putting in their snide comments and the whole thing going out of control it shold have not been allowed to go on as long as it did.

Mike K: I hear you bro, and I know you had to be bummed about your motor letting go. But if two professionals tell you the same thing then maybe it's true. Maybe they are wrong and you are right (I don't know), but you have to know when you post something like that for all too see then you are affecting their livelihood. The fact that they had always been known to be straight up guys up to that point didn't seem to be stressed or taken accounted for. Still hasn't for JP, I seem to be the only one backing him up. It's like you say they screwed you over so everyone assumes they are plain crooked with everyone. Which is bs.

Vince: Maybe what you say is reality, I don't know. But what I posted for Mike K goes for you too. That is a "he said, she said" situation. Not much more to be said about it. And JP is building my motor. I think I'll be fine lol, just look at Bears. JD is doing the install and tune.

And one last thing. When a service member has a personal situation like JP had, you get emergency leave. You don't have to work so you can deal with it and the stress that comes along with it. Because it can affect your job. Don't think JP was allowed emergency leave. Not that anyone here cares.

Last edited by 11 Bravo; 01-24-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2004 | 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

George C.,

When you change your oil with your new engine, what weight oil did JD say should go back in the motor? Just wondering.
Old 01-24-2004 | 11:08 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Easy guy's, I'm not a sponsor here anymore so no need to hash and re-hash every fine point, I had a talk with Mike "11 Bravo" this morning and I answered alot of questions that he had and answered them 100% honestly based on facts with a bit of discust throw in.

Joe D helped in more than one way to get the 2 warrenty cars done which I am still paying for and we had lenghtly discussions on what should be done about certain situations jointly.

Vince, your name never came up in any conversations besides the day of your one post and that was in house, I don't need you and your Desert Eagle up here again J/K if you think I am talking about you behind your back because I don't. Your a good guy and was a force of motivation to me at one point.

Mike K. my offer still stands, or I can send you the parts down to you.

The dollar amount is accumulative to what jobs were cancled or demanded parts/deposits that had to be returned due to bad press without confirming with the source first, I have 2 more left over so you can shrug it off as "well, there stupid people that should have asked for the facts before they cancelled" but it happened all the same, Yes, I was threatened to return un finished work that was sitting in the machine shop, the job was still perfectly on time and the "customer" demanded that the unfinshed heads and the difference of the machine shop $$ in the form of a MO along with the cost of shipping for free to be overnighted to GA with a tracking number called in by the next day being a Thursday OR ELSE he was going to post up anything he wanted to portray on the forum about his dealings with me... quote-unquote, (Can you say.. haul *** to Jersey and get the heads boxed up?) because he didn't like what he read on the internet about the complaints when I wasn't even aware of what was being said, I was off the forum and only hearing tid bits here and there but I'm still scared of that customer to this day which isn't a good way to feel because now "Bubba" in Hicksville is now doing the assembly of his head parts and has something to do with my porting work now so I guess I'm still on the hook for that job too?

I rarley ever meet my customers face to face until there work is completed or most of the times never so either party can't get an accurate personal gague on someone from an internet sale. I ran mail orders for 4 years before we were convinced that the installation end of this market was the way to go = dumb move, we had too high of an empleyee turnover rate and too much work to begin with.

Thats about it, I am sorry for the ill handeling of problems/issues during that interum but my head was definatly not where it should have been. Now I am in a situation where alot of catch up has to be done, I am supporting MY WORD to finish my last 2 last customers orders in timleyness so don't think for one minuite there was no impact on both our buissneses.

Theres more that I can re-butt but just let it die here, it's done, it's over and there just clean up to do at this point. I do like this side of the forum better.

JP
Old 01-24-2004 | 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for posting Joe. I agree,, whats done is done, thanks for your offer but I am going to do a forged setup so there is really no need to replace with stock parts at this point.

FWIW we all know that you are one hell of a head porter and hopefully those new heads or yours make it to the market.
Old 01-24-2004 | 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
George C.,

When you change your oil with your new engine, what weight oil did JD say should go back in the motor? Just wondering.

And what is that supposed to mean???? You seem to have nothing better to do than concern yourself with others by the number of post you make each day. Get a real job and a life. RAY
Old 01-25-2004 | 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

You seem to have nothing better to do than concern yourself with others
Well this is a public forum and reading and responding to threads is technically concerning oneself with others, like you are doing by responding about your friend.
I think asking what oil a performance shop owner recommends for "built" engine is a valid question. Now given the history of the treatment that this shop owner has received I can see why you responded the was you did.
Old 01-25-2004 | 08:31 AM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Thanks for posting Joe. I agree,, whats done is done, thanks for your offer but I am going to do a forged setup so there is really no need to replace with stock parts at this point.

FWIW we all know that you are one hell of a head porter and hopefully those new heads or yours make it to the market.
I agree with Mike K. Thanks for the kind words JPR. Just for the record guys. I wish I would have never shown my road trip protection. Its just that, protection against another individual with something similar. I would not use that protection to resolve engine mishap issues or any other issues that come up on this board. Yes I am a big guy standing at 6 foot 7 inches and as of yesterday 285lbs. Yes I do put in hours at the gym, but it is just for strength and looks. Not to get ready to attack someone because of bad engine dealings. You can ask any of my friends locally how I carry myself. I do not use my physical attributes to push my opinion or views on anyone. I have no need too or have a desire too. I just want to fit in just like everyone else. Violence is a last resort for me when my world is attacked physically or my friends are in threat of physical harm. Otherwise I can take bashing with the best of them.

On another note, now that we are putting an end to this I think the ex-sponsors in question should contact the powers that be and make an attempt to come back. I am sure you guys can still pull some business. Everyone knows JPR as a excellent head porter and now we know JD is excellent at putting engines together and managing un-resolved issues.
Old 01-25-2004 | 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 7DMACH1
And what is that supposed to mean???? You seem to have nothing better to do than concern yourself with others by the number of post you make each day. Get a real job and a life. RAY
Ray, it means exactly what it says...nothing more or less. I would like to know what the oil the engine requires. That's a simple tech related quesiton for a built engine. George C. mentioned the oil pressure in the new motor was at ~18 psi in another thread. That thread was locked out from my view either before the answer was posted or before I could check and read the answer.

Perhaps JD or George C or someone in the know could answer my simple quesiton: What is the correct oil for this built engine in George C's car?

***Silly Comment for Ray - below****

Ray, those things are getting red & maybe chafed from all your swinging. Why not let go for a little while? As for concerning oneself with others, the only posts you seem to ever make are concerning JD's.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 01-25-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2004 | 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Can we have a group hug?
Old 01-25-2004 | 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, I guess I was having a BAD DAY!!! He was told to break it in on reg. 10w30 so the rings seat.
Attached Thumbnails Time for us to take a stand-gay-twins.jpg  
Old 01-25-2004 | 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

And now this thread has gotten off topic.