LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

MY nightmare exp. With LG motorsports in Wylie,,READ

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default MY nightmare exp. With LG motorsports in Wylie,,READ

I dont want to start a bashing or anything of that sort, I want to put a post up of my experience With LG MOTORSPORTS in WYLIE Texas. I built a 383 stroker with all the good callies stuff, got it running and it had a bad misfire above 3500,,To make a long story short it ended up being a bent reluctor wheel on the back of the crank. I purchased a new ring and started looking for a place to put it on with a good reputation. I had a fellow member here suggest LG, I gave them a call and was told no problem, they would grind the tack welds off and clean and install a new wheel, cost 270$, that was about 100 more than a few other quotes I got, but I looked them up and all they do is LS engines, mostly in Vettes. So I took the crank to them and got it back a week later, put the engine back together and back in the car. This time the car would not even start, kept throwin a crank sensor fault. I worked for hours and hours trying every possibility buying new sensors etc.. Refusing to believe it could be the wheel. After a week of trouble shooting I pulled the motor back out, to see what was up. I had a few fellow members send me a pic of the wheel installed on their crank so I could compare and guess what, IT WAS ON BACKWARDS.
I called them they said send pics and they confirmed that it was on wrong and then said they would make it right. I gave them a list of the parts that I needed to redo the engine, Nothing crazy, a new ring of course,Head bolts, bearings, head gaskets, oil pump o-ring, crank bolt, pressure plate bolts. They refused to buy the bearings, saying just reuse them, THATS A NO-NO and said thats what they would do. They did put the ring on again facing the right direction, I hope it is indexed correctly (I will have it double checked) they did replace head gaskets, and bolts, O-ring and that was it. The only other offer they gave me was to bring my engine in and let the guy who screwed the crank up put my engine together,,, NO THANKS. They did not buy the parts they initially said they would, or any consideration for all the time, pulling the engine, the extra trips to wylie on the toll roads, ETC. THIS is my personal experience with this company, a terrible one, and I truly made a mistake by putting my trust in them, They do not deserve a good rep, their work was crap, and so was their customer satisfaction as far as I am concerned.
I hope you take this into consideration before giving these guys any of your money.

Quick Reply: MY nightmare exp. With LG motorsports in Wylie,,READ