LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

My First And LAST VFN Fiberglass Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First And LAST VFN Fiberglass Experience

July 28th, I inquired about the 3" SS bolt on hood. 4 days later I got a response with price, 3-4 week time frame and shipping by truck freight.

August 5th, ordered hood and paid 50%. I would be notified upon completion and the final 50% balance would be charged. I also asked for the hood scoop to be cut out. 3 days later I got a response with an order confirmation and order number and they stated that the hood scoop would be cut out and that they would also supply a screen for it.

August 30th, over 3 weeks, I still had not been contacted by VFN. However they did say 3-4 weeks.

September 6th, over 1 month so I contacted VFN and got no response.

September 13th, I contacted them again and they responded saying the hood was done and was brought over late from the warehouse and it went unoticed. They stated it was done and the remaining 50% of the balance would be charged and it would be shipped out after that. I happily responded and began to wait for the hood to arrive.

September 21st, the hood never arrived and then found that the remaining balance was never charged. I contacted VFN again and went online to find out if others had received thier orders yet. Several responded claiming to have had issues with this company and VFN had also responded to my post asking for any information I had on my order.

September 24th, VFN responded saying the order was complete and was never shipped because of the balance owed but they did not understand what happened as to why I was never contacted in so long a time. They also said they would ship the hood A.S.A.P. and talk to the owner to get a discount for the mistake and delay and would let me know by Monday the following week.

Monday September 27th, VFN never got back to me.

Now September 29th, the hood finally arrived and I find that the screen they supplied for the hood scoop does not fit the cut they made and I was charged $20 for a box. I contacted VFN about these issues and the response I got was "We assume you noticed you didnt pay for shipping" "We tell each and every customer before ordering that there is a $20 boxing charge" "We only make general cuts to the scoop, you will need to trim and cut the rest to make the screen fit"

Needless to say I am utterly frustrated and annoyed by now. None of the responses from VFN from my initial inquiry to my order confirmation never stated a $20 box charge and they only told me that they would cut the scoop out and supply a screen for it. At this point, VFN took a defensive stance to all my claims and "feel" they are being "more than fair" in this situation.

Honestly, if I was told about the rediculous $20 box charge upfront and told I would have to make some further cuts and trimming to get the screen they supplied to fit in the opening they made, I would be a happy customer since they paid for shipping for whatever happened on their end to cause the delay.

However...no, the discount she was going to look into and get back to me by Monday was instead paying for shipping and "hoping" I would notice and be satisfied instead of communicating with me first, the unstated $20 box charge which really should have been apart of the shipping cost, not telling me the details of the hood scoop and screen, complete lack of communication, waiting nearly 2 months....

Great product, great craftsmanship.

Not worth the time, money and hassle it takes to get it!

My personal opinion...look elsewhere for fiberglass parts than at VFN. Ive posted this on all forums Im a member of to see what turns up. Guess my trip to Carlisle next spring will have new meaning.

Last edited by Darkknight039; 10-04-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: more information
Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We Did take longer than expected there were some snafu's on our end with the order. We are sorry. WE did pay your shipping bill because of the inconvenience which was a little more than 20 dollars
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: My First And LAST VFN Fiberglass Experience