LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing: No go for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thunder Racing: No go for me

I ordered some Prothane front control arm bushings and Sway bar bushings. No info is given on their site in regards to the items being sold, upon research i found that for the 98-02 front control arms (AKA A-Arms) they do not include the shells. If this info was provided I would not have ordered and gone with Moog replacements.

Also they do not state that the bushings are a drop ship item, they do not carry them and are not in stock, they are ordered through Prothane and shipped to Thunder Racing where they are then shipped to the customer. Again if this was stated I would not have ordered, I feel they have not put effort into knowing the products they sell.

I sent an email earlier today asking that they cancel my order, I regretfully decided this based on the lack of information provided by them.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did cancel my order as requested so i give them one plus for that, but otherwise the rest just kills it for me I really would not recommend them.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I'm not really sure how to respond to this but I feel I must.

Firstly, our website is a catalog and not intended to be used for technical reference although there is an abundance of information provided. Did you ever call us to ask a question regarding your intended purchase? If you had, I would have wholehardedly recommended you avoid the control arm bushings as they are a complete nightmare to install. We are not just a parts warehouse but are also a full service engine building, installation, and fabrication shop. You won't find a more knowlegeable staff anywhere...

Secondly, I don't know of anyone that stocks EVERY part they sell. Slow moving items such as the ones you ordered will never find a place in inventory on my shelves. Drop shipping on these types of items is a necessity if I wish to stay in business. I only sell them because customers have asked me to, plain and simple. I would not recommend them to the average customer.

Thirdly, I thank you for your positive comments regarding us canceling your order. I guess we did at least one thing right in this case. I'm sorry for our apparent failure on all other points but we do our best to make each and every customer happy even if they don't want to order from us.

I guess what it comes down to is, you are coming on a public forum to bash us because you weren't aware of or informed about a product you purchased online without first giving us the opportunity to answer any questions you may have had regarding said product.

I'm usually the guy who comes on here when we've made a mistake or dropped the ball somehow but in this case, I'm not really sure we did anything wrong. If I come off the wrong way and sound like an a-hole, well I'm sorry. As a person whom has literally spent thousands of hours on this forum and on the phone answering technical questions for free, I am a little taken aback and insulted by your post.

If you would like to discuss your dissatisfaction man to man over the phone, please provide me with contact information and I will be happy to give you a call. You'll find I'm a pretty easy going and nice guy who actually does know what he's talking about. There are many folks on here running my custom cams or packages I helped them put together that can vouch for me.

Thank you,
Shane Burgess
Co-Owner/VP Operations
Thunder Performance Group, Inc.
D/B/A Thunder Racing

Last edited by XtraCajunSS; 11-09-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing: No go for me