LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Thunder Racing

Since no one wants to read the long and drawn out version, I will make this short and sweet, and fill in the details if need be.

Bottom Line - Will never do business with again.

Details - (short version)

Beginning of January, ordered a cam install gasket set, headgasket set, valve springs, pushrods, and a clutch. so, spent a decent chunk of change.

Well, the gaskets and pushrods arrive within a few days, which was great.
I opted to go with the lunati valve spring kit, which they didn't have in stock and would have to order. This wasn't a problem I could wait a few extra days.

A few days turned into a few weeks, and by the end of week 3 I was calling them and checking to see where they were. Kept giving the run around of being on back order. By week 4, I was furious.

Called Lunati, said the order wasn't placed until february 10th, not january 13th when I placed the order. Also I spoke with the Lunati rep that deals directly with TR, and he said they never even called to check up on the springs. The guy at lunati told me to call him back the next day, which i did, and Lunati over nighted them to my doorstep. (thank you lunati you guys were great)

Next onto the spec stage 3 clutch disc I ordered once I received my valve springs. Ordered SCD0093, which is the 11 inch replacement disc. (the new style stage 3's have a 12 inch disc and pressure plate.

TR told me they had it in stock, and I told them to have them make sure it was the 11inch disc. Calls me back same day and tells me its the 11 inch disc. A few days later, I receive the package, the box is covered in grease, the original part number on the box scd0094 was marked out with a sharpie and scd0093 was wrote on the box. pulled out the measuring tape and sure enough it was the 12 inch. (could of had the right clutch if they actually measured the disc)

Then get the disc shipped back to them the next day, so they can order the right part this time.

During all this, I was told that spec no longer makes the 11 inch disc, and i will have to buy the 12inch. Which killed me, because I talked directly with spec and they had no plans to discontinue the replacement disc at all. So they receive the disc back, and I tell them to overnight it to me and all will be fine.

Get a call back saying they can't afford to overnight it, because they would lose to much on it. Guess what? If they measured it, listened to what i told them, they wouldn't be in this pickle.

Talked with gene about everything here, and I asked what will you do for me? 10% off my next purchase? never going to deal with them again.

oh and gene, I am still waiting on the t-shirts you all said you were going to send me to make me happy. guess they are on back order.

Bottom Line - Will never do business with again. Don't appreciate the lie's.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, I will address the Lunati order. I was your orignal salesman on that. I explained to you in email on how the ball got dropped on that. I take full responsibililty on dropping the ball for the Lunati order. Like I explained to you in the email, we fax most of our drop ship PO's to the vendors. For some reason, yours was lost, not entered, never faxed, etc. Definitely our fault for not following up on the order for you.

Now as far as the clutch goes, we did have one replacement disk in stock. It was mis-measured by one of the guys in the back, which we explained to you. You sent it back and we said we would drop ship you one straight from SPEC. You said you wanted it Next Day Air Saturday Delivery, which we explained we were not going to pay over $100 in shipping from Spec on a $180 part. We agreed to give you a full refund including shipping and go our seperate ways. You were refunded THAT DAY. And as far as free t-shirts go, we definitely agreed to go seperate ways, so why would Gene send you free t-shirts when all you did was threaten to bash us here or any other message board you were part of. I WILL NOT be threatend to send free stuff just to keep from getting bashed. You were never lied to or deceived. Yes we did make a mistake but you were never lied to.

I know that Gene spoke with you and Spec on the replacement disk. He was told that they will be discontinuing the 11 disk and switching everything to the 12 disk, and he relayed what he was told. Whether he was misinformed from Spec initially, we are not sure, but he only relayed what he was told directly from Spec. He was told they had enough material to make the disk for you, and did call you back and inform you. You were never lied to about that. We have no reason to lie about that.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ThunderStruk
First, I will address the Lunati order. I was your orignal salesman on that. I explained to you in email on how the ball got dropped on that. I take full responsibililty on dropping the ball for the Lunati order. Like I explained to you in the email, we fax most of our drop ship PO's to the vendors. For some reason, yours was lost, not entered, never faxed, etc. Definitely our fault for not following up on the order for you.
The sad part about the valve springs, is the simple fact you didn't care. As the customer, I should not have to call Lunati to see where my valve springs are, because you are failing to do your job.

Now as far as the clutch goes, we did have one replacement disk in stock. It was mis-measured by one of the guys in the back, which we explained to you. You sent it back and we said we would drop ship you one straight from SPEC. You said you wanted it Next Day Air Saturday Delivery, which we explained we were not going to pay over $100 in shipping from Spec on a $180 part. We agreed to give you a full refund including shipping and go our seperate ways. You were refunded THAT DAY. And as far as free t-shirts go, we definitely agreed to go seperate ways, so why would Gene send you free t-shirts when all you did was threaten to bash us here or any other message board you were part of. I WILL NOT be threatend to send free stuff just to keep from getting bashed. You were never lied to or deceived. Yes we did make a mistake but you were never lied to.

Unfortunately, you did lie, and deceive me on this. If its a $180 part, why was I charged $242? The box only weighed 7lbs, and it took 3 days to ship to me, and 4 days to ship back. If you would of actually measured the clutch like I asked, and you said you did, you would of ordered the one from spec.

You know why I wanted it shipped next day air by saturday? because it was not my fault you fail to do your job.

I know that Gene spoke with you and Spec on the replacement disk. He was told that they will be discontinuing the 11 disk and switching everything to the 12 disk, and he relayed what he was told. Whether he was misinformed from Spec initially, we are not sure, but he only relayed what he was told directly from Spec. He was told they had enough material to make the disk for you, and did call you back and inform you. You were never lied to about that. We have no reason to lie about that.
The funny part here, is I ordered it from KY-Turbo at 5pm on friday, and had the clutch by 9am on saturday, and it was $230 shipped (OVERNIGHT SATURDAY DELIVERY). So for Spec to only have enough material to make this last batch, they did one hell of a production to get me the disc that fast.

I am sorry you all do not have good customer service skills, and the customer is never right.

No customer should ever have to call the manufacturer to see where their part is, since the shop isn't doing **** about it. If you were worried about my order and my peace and happiness, I would of been informed, but I wasn't.

I gave you guys a second chance with the clutch, considering you failed on the valve springs, guess I should of just went else where after the first bad dealing.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13670383

as anyone can see, I am not the only one who had problems with TR.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

As one of the owners of Thunder Racing, it really disturbs me to see this post. I wish I could say that the "modern speed shop" is like most other businesses out there that operate on 50-100% margins or more, but that is very, very far from the truth. When one of my guys makes a mistake, it usually doesn't mean "oh, we made a little less profit" it usually means we lost our *** on that sale. It was my decision to tell Gene to not ship the disk Saturday delivery at our expense. We would have gladly shipped it ground at no charge, but you told us that you would "bash us on the internet" if we didn't and that really drew the line for me. I simply can not justify doing something for a customer who is bullying us into doing it.

I really wish that in this day and age "the customer was always right" would work. Thunder Racing has been in business for 16 years and has seen our share of customers, both good and bad.(Mostly good, I am glad to say.) We really do try to always do what is RIGHT. This may not always mean that it goes in your favor, but I promise, no one here is benefiting from you being an unhappy customer.

Also, my sales guys are educated and knowledgeable about more than how to just type in an order. They spend hours a day offering free technical advice to customers on the phone and at our front counter. It is conceivable that occasionally an order slips through the cracks and is not handled properly. As Mr. Murphy sometimes dictates in his law, you got a double whammy on this one, and I really apologize for that. I am just really sorry that a little patience and understanding of our being human couldn't have been injected, because that goes way further than threats and meanness.

Moving forward, I truly wish I could say that mistakes will not happen, but we all know that is not the case. My whole purpose in posting this is to let you know that we DO care about every order no matter how large or small. Are my staff perfect? No. Are they human? I hope so! Do we get things right? Actually, most of the time we do. Those wheels just aren't as squeaky I guess.

Angie
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Angie
As one of the owners of Thunder Racing, it really disturbs me to see this post. I wish I could say that the "modern speed shop" is like most other businesses out there that operate on 50-100% margins or more, but that is very, very far from the truth. When one of my guys makes a mistake, it usually doesn't mean "oh, we made a little less profit" it usually means we lost our *** on that sale. It was my decision to tell Gene to not ship the disk Saturday delivery at our expense. We would have gladly shipped it ground at no charge, but you told us that you would "bash us on the internet" if we didn't and that really drew the line for me. I simply can not justify doing something for a customer who is bullying us into doing it.
If I was looking for most other business out their, I would have gone to Advance Auto Parts, but I didn't. I went to a business that specializes in a specific field.

No bullying involved. I was constantly on the phone trying to find where my valve springs were, with no luck. It was not until, I told you I was a member on ls1tech that your sales associates started to respond to me quicker, and seem like they may have a care about their customers.

The clutch should have been overnighted to me, with TR taking the cut. considering I ordered it on a Saturday, received the wrong part Tuesday, shipped it back, and you received the clutch on Friday. This was not my fault, as I was very specific in telling you the correct part number and that it was the 11inch disc and not the new 12.

I really wish that in this day and age "the customer was always right" would work. Thunder Racing has been in business for 16 years and has seen our share of customers, both good and bad.(Mostly good, I am glad to say.) We really do try to always do what is RIGHT. This may not always mean that it goes in your favor, but I promise, no one here is benefiting from you being an unhappy customer.
When you really try to be right, that is not being right at all. If you want to maintain a happy customer base, then sometimes you have to be in the favor of the customer. If I was wrong, then I would understand, but neither one of these problems was caused by me, but by your sales associates.

Also, my sales guys are educated and knowledgeable about more than how to just type in an order. They spend hours a day offering free technical advice to customers on the phone and at our front counter. It is conceivable that occasionally an order slips through the cracks and is not handled properly. As Mr. Murphy sometimes dictates in his law, you got a double whammy on this one, and I really apologize for that. I am just really sorry that a little patience and understanding of our being human couldn't have been injected, because that goes way further than threats and meanness.
No order should ever slip through the cracks, specially considering the technology we now have.

I was very, very, very patient. For the first month of waiting for my valve springs. If I was threatening and being mean, then I wouldn't have went ahead and purchased the clutch disc through you guys after the valve spring fiasco.

Maybe all this free advice they offer, should also include phone calls to customers who ordered parts (who spent money) to let them know the status on their order.

Moving forward, I truly wish I could say that mistakes will not happen, but we all know that is not the case. My whole purpose in posting this is to let you know that we DO care about every order no matter how large or small. Are my staff perfect? No. Are they human? I hope so! Do we get things right? Actually, most of the time we do. Those wheels just aren't as squeaky I guess.

Angie

Angie, as a owner, if you truly cared about your customers, then you would of spoke with me personally, instead of listening to your sales associates side of the problem. I was not threatening, I was not mean. I was very patient in the wait for the valve springs, and the clutch is what made you sink your own boat.

There are many, many other speed shops, I could of ordered the clutch from, specially after what you all did to me with the valve springs, but I was patient, I was kind, I figured I would give you all a try again, in which the double whammy happened as you blame murphy's law, I blame incompetent sales staff.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing