LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Futral Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Futral Motorsports

I will make it short as possible but itis a long drawn out story. September 2010 I pulled heads off of my ls2 and notiched the #7 cylinder had a chip in the piston and I could see the ring. Due to past experience and me referring customers to them I immediately called Futral Motorsports. I spoke with Charley and Alan I about forging and stroking my ls2. We agreed that I didnt care how long it would take as long as it was complete by March 2011. They ensured me they would have the project complete within that time frame. I gave them 2 grand to start ordering parts for my build. Over the course of time, customer service was horrible. I would call and leave a message and would not get called until days later or called back at all. Even though I live 500 miles away from the shop I dealt with Futral because I have used them before in the past. In November 2010 after paying a couple more grand on invoice for parts etc. I asked were they ready for me to bring car. They said no, they did not have the room, but bring the motor and all the other parts and he would build the motor and then take the car when he was complete with the motor. I said fine. That same month I also had a transmission sent straight to his shop from FLT. Mid January 2011 they agree to take my car because we are close to the March deadline. When I bought the car in, my motor and parts were in the same spot I left them in November. Nothing had been touched. Through the month of February it was becoming more of a challenge to get in contact with them, but they did tell me the car would not be ready for the beginning of March. In the beginning of March I went to the shop even though the car was not ready to see how much progress was being made. I spoke with Alan he said he needded another month. He was waiting on heads to come back from Larry Meaux in Abbeville, LA, and he could not order pistons yet until he got heads back because he wanted the compression right. I said ok and asked could I contact him directly on the progress of the build because it was hard to get in contact with Charley even after leaving messages and then when I would speak with Charley, he would say he had to ask Alan and then would not call me back or it would be days later. He said fine just shoot him a text and he would respond. I also asked do you need anymore money to finish my car he said no. You have been paid up since January when you bought the car. A month or two goes by and they finally get heads back. Then Alan said he would order pistons. It took about another month or two before the pistons arrived. I asked them to send pictures of all my parts. When they sent the pictures of the pistons were not coated. Futral said they did not if it was their fault or Diamond's fault that the pistons were not coated but when pistons come back from the machine shop they would send them back to diamond to get coated. I even offered to pay for overnight shipping back to diamond. After waiting so long, at the end of April I stumbled upon a real good deal on another SS. I called Futral and told them I would pick up my car but continue to build the motor because I wanted the setup in the new car. He said ok. At the end of April I picked up my car. I asked Alan how long before he would be ready for the new car he said give him another month for the motor to be complete. I waited another month and a half. Now it's June 2011. I text Alan to check on progress he replies he is working on it. I reply that is pretty vague. It has almost been 11 months and we need to come a conclusion or I will pick everything up or whatever but I cannot continue going on and on. He replies he does not have to take **** off of anyone and he will have Charley pack all my **** up that day and shipped to me and I could not get a refund on custom parts and and he would refund the rest of the money he owes me. I told him no I will arrange for someone everything to pick eveerything up. The day everything was picked up Futral had just picked up the parts from the machine shop and they wrapped the block because they said did not want it to get damaged. He only refunded me part of my money. He changed the price of the machine work on the heads. When I called Charley and asked why was there a $100 difference on the price of the head work, he said he had to ask Alan and he would call me back. He called back or I called him and he said that Alan said that was the price gas for him going get the heads. If gas was to be charged extra to pick up heads it should have been on the original invoice and not changed when it was time to refund my money. I am still waiting on that $100. I do have both copies of the invoice with the price difference and the text messages. I then bought the block to a new shop. When we unwrap it, we immediately notice a hot spot on the #7 cylinder and there was a small crack. Futral failed to mention that. Womak of Denham Springs, LA does machine work for Futral, and all of the cylinders were honed different ranging from 4.005 up tp 4.012 and the pistons measure 3.9995. I paid $650 for machine work. 11 months of wasted time and money.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Give this one a little bump since they dont respond much. I will say they are a little bit better about returning phone calls now, even though nothing much has been done to resolve the issues.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

8/29/2011?

This is weird that you post this on the 29th when we talked on the 26th!!! On the 26th I talked with you personally about your issue with the machine work done on the block and also gave you a refund as per your request. When we talked on the "26th" there was talk about what we could do to resolve this mater for you.....
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Original post was made on August 20th. August 29th I gave it a bump. Just as you stated we had a conversation on the 26th and I had to call you back on 27th because you did not get back with me as you stated you would. Just as I told you on the phone the $100 dollars you refunded me was the $100 Alan changed on invoice for the port work on the heads. You know I have both invoices with the changes you all made hoping that I was not aware of the changes after Alan said he would pack my **** up. Charley no I am not satisfied with being charged $650 of machine work that was not done properly on my block and no you did not give me the refund I requested for $650. When I do bring you the block to inspect it I seriously doubt that you or Alan will refund me the money. As mentioned before I live 500 miles away and every trip I made cost money and I won't get that time or money back. I originally made those trips because I trusted that you all would provide excellent customer service and a great product and you failed. I told you all these things on the phone and you replied I know. Yes, I will make post and bump if I have too so other people will not have the same bad experience I did for some apparent reason. We can talk on the phone or we can keep making post. It does not matter to me. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I will update the public as the process goes along. Just as I said in earlier post, you do answer the phone now, and almost return calls which is a vast improvement from before and it is probably due to the fact that this thread was made.

Last edited by shake em off; 09-08-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Futral Motorsports