LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Did you get your parts?

No, and my gutt feeling is telling me Louis will never follow through with it either. I imagine it was an attempt to make himself/LG look like they were going to do something incredible, and make it look like they are truly a stand up company. Which seems to fall in line with what I would expect from that company at this point.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by offaxis
Im pretty sure that over the years Ive spent alot of money with over half of the sponsors on this site. If I had a dollar for every tool bag phone clown I had to speak to at sponsors of this board Id be friggen rich. Sometimes when you have a company you hire people that seem like they will do a great job and dont work out for reasons just like this . I have done business with LG multiple times over the years and have never had a problem. Always very helpful with parts and tech info. They really know there stuff. Its too bad your first experience was a crappy one. I would and still recomend them all the time.
You can recommend them, and then I'll post a link to this thread so people can see what they're really like.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbodlovr
You can recommend them, and then I'll post a link to this thread so people can see what they're really like.
I guess I wouldnt have the time to have a crusade over something like this. Its not like they took your money and ran off and never shipped you a product. WE have all seen that done before. Anyway its your time and I dont have any reason to stick up for anyone just stated my experience with them over the years. Good luck with getting the word out and I have a feeling I will be seeing many more posts about many more sponsors in the future from you .
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by offaxis
I guess I wouldnt have the time to have a crusade over something like this. Its not like they took your money and ran off and never shipped you a product. WE have all seen that done before. Anyway its your time and I dont have any reason to stick up for anyone just stated my experience with them over the years. Good luck with getting the word out and I have a feeling I will be seeing many more posts about many more sponsors in the future from you .
Good lord man. Lighten up. It was more of a joke. I'm not going to track down their name, and post it everywhere. haha geeze.

Oh, and I've dealt with different sponsors on here, and never had an issue like this. So, I doubt you will see many more posts about sponsors from me.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure he will deliver. He's probably at a race.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I'm sure he will deliver. He's probably at a race.
Well, it's been over two weeks. My guess is he won't. It only makes him, and LG look worse. Seems to be what they're going for.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Still think he'll follow through Urban?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I cant speak for the parts being shipped here however I can say this sometimes people want us to build their original trans so we send a box complete with foam ready to load the trans in.Now here whats interesting the box alone weights about 15 lbs total and that box cost us aroud 70 dollars to ship due to its size however put the trans in it and its only about 85 but then weighs 147 lbs so the size of the package plays in big time.
Just my observation
Frank at PerformaBuilt

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fbodlovr
Yeah, I can see they aren't interested in the F body crown anymore. I'd say they proved that. But, maybe they don't realize it isn't just f bodys on here. I know there are ls3 guys on here. That could potentially be lost business. Now I think of LG Motorsports it makes me want to I've already ordered all my parts from Granatelli(their sales people are incredibly nice.) They don't have lower adjustable panhard rods anymore, so I'm going to get one from Founders.
Thank you for the kind words
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I cant speak for the parts being shipped here however I can say this sometimes people want us to build their original trans so we send a box complete with foam ready to load the trans in.Now here whats interesting the box alone weights about 15 lbs total and that box cost us aroud 70 dollars to ship due to its size however put the trans in it and its only about 85 but then weighs 147 lbs so the size of the package plays in big time.
Just my observation
Frank at PerformaBuilt
Thanks Frank for you post. But, some people are mis-understanding the point of this post. It wasn't necessarily posted to call them out on their shipping methods. It was posted to show what is thought about the LS1 community, this site, and how they treat their customers. I definitely believe you either way. Kind of weird how the packaging price deal works out.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by J.R. Granatelli
Thank you for the kind words
No problem. I don't lie. I haven't had one person there be rude. They've spent more time than they should have answering all my questions, and been more than fine with it. Even though you guys are getting out of the ls1's, I'll still give you good feedback.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

As of today, Mar 17th, the company still cannot even do as they say, and "make it up." 2,297 views. I'm glad to see that people are seeing this thread and the possible BS that they might go through.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not defending LG at all, but Louis runs a large successful company and does alot of racing as well so you have to realize this might not be at the top of the list of things in his mind. Once again I'm not saying what they did was right I'm just saying from one business owner to another that sometimes time gets away from you and its hard to remember everything especially when no real harm was done, but a rude phone call where someone might have had a bad day. We are all human and have bad days and take it out on the wrong person sometimes. Just my .02
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure Tyler, has been PMing you regarding everything. I said originally that I needed a week, and that turned into 4. We have sold our current building and moving to a new location, 2-3x the current size. Moving a 17k sqft shop is number one on MY priority list, which is why Tyler was given the job of taking care of you.

I too, do not understand your logic behind your crusade.

Louis
Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Louis
I'm pretty sure Tyler, has been PMing you regarding everything. I said originally that I needed a week, and that turned into 4. We have sold our current building and moving to a new location, 2-3x the current size. Moving a 17k sqft shop is number one on MY priority list, which is why Tyler was given the job of taking care of you.

I too, do not understand your logic behind your crusade.

Louis
Yeah, Tyler has been PM'ing me about this. He said that he would PM me the tracking info when it goes out. You have to understand from my point of view, I'm still leary as to whether that will happen or not. If it does, I will be speechless, and will let everyone know.

I understand you being busy. But, again, you have to look at it from my point of view, and everyone elses that has been reading this. You said a week or two, and there wasn't a resonse. It would make anyone sit back and think that you/company wasn't going to keep their own word. But, like I said, I understand that you were busy. I didn't even know you were moving until I got Tylers message that he sent yesterday saying that. I just decided to check this, and saw that there had been posts.

But, I'm not on a crusade. I just feel like this is a good site, and whatever comes of this, I want people to know what happened either way. If it happens that you don't follow through on your word, I want people to know about it, plus what happened, and what was said originally. But, if I happen to see a panhard bar arrive at my door, I want people to know this as well, and that you do care about what people think, and can back up what you say. Whatever happens, good or bad, I want people to know. If I see a panhard bar arrive, I will for one **** myself, and two will post pictures of it and give you mad props and try to keep this thread at the top for people to see that you kept up with what you said you were going too, and that you are truly a stand up company that does care(besides that Bobby ********.) lol Sometimes posts/PMs/Emails, etc. can look harsh when they're not. So I hope nobody see this as being a rude type of post. It's a calm post so to say. lol
Old 03-28-2012, 06:56 AM
12 Second Club

After bashing a company you really did not get anything from. I would not give you anything. LG is doing his best to satisfy a potential customer and all you can do is whine? Im seeing it he is going out of his eay to build you something he normally dont stock.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Some kind of apology was expected for that rude SOB on the phone. Nobody forced LG to offer a free part. They did that seemingly to go beyond in making amends. However, if they do not send anything or say they are too busy to send it, then why say they were going to send something other than to show off?

If it's not my priority to send a customer an item in order to make a situation right, then I would have just apologized and not offered to send the item. On the other hand, knowing that I was extremely busy, if I somehow publicly promised a customer that was treated rudely an item, then I would make it a priority to send it or to make sure someone sent it. My $0.02.

Other than stating his version of the facts, I would be very curious to see where it is that the OP bashed the company.

This is precisely what this section of the forum is for, not sponsor bashing or ardent sponsor defense/worship.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tillery
After bashing a company you really did not get anything from. I would not give you anything. LG is doing his best to satisfy a potential customer and all you can do is whine? Im seeing it he is going out of his eay to build you something he normally dont stock.
I have been sitting on your comment for the past day trying to decide how to respond to your.........idiotic post. But, I think bboyferal pretty much did it perfectly.

This is the only thing I can think right now-------->
Old 04-08-2012, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Well, this past Tuesday, I was basically speechless. I had a tracking number PM'd to me here on the site the week before I got the package, and I thought I was going to get a box of anthrax or something. But sure enough, an on car adjustable panhard bar with rod ends. I really do appreciate it guys! I have to admit, you have honestly restored my good thoughts about LG. NOT about that ******** Bobby though. lol You truly have shown that the way I was treated is not the normal by going out of your way to take care of me like this, and I thank you for that. For that, I will try to send as much business as I can to you(all the while, advising potential customers to ask for Louis, or Tyler, and stay away from Bobby.) =-) Pictures below. Thanks again Louis!
Attached Thumbnails LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....-optimized-100_2464.jpg   LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....-optimized-100_2465.jpg   LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....-optimized-100_2466.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

I do have a quick question about this panhard bar. I noticed there are no greese fittings on the ends. Are they not needed for these type of ends that are on this bar? I thought I've seen these kinds of ends on some other bars, and they had greese fittings.

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....