LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

New era performance; the best customer service and prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Talking New era performance; the best customer service and prices!!

Let me share my experience with New Era Performance..long story LOL;
Cliff notes at the end of the post!!

Its been a long time since I wanted to refresh my top end and make most power that I could with the money I had for my little forged LS1(which I'm running since 5 years, and lately I was feeling more and more like something is wrong with the engine/valvetrain; it was making a lot more noise from the valvetrain than it ever did since the end of summer. But I hoped for the best, cause there was a exhaust leak, so I thought it could make ticking/knocking worst. It was spring and I drove the car for 3 weeks putting some mileage on it to be sure its ok for the road trip coming ).

So I decided to go with New Era Performance since they have a good rep here and they have great prices online, and they're the nearest shop to my home that I can drive to or so(7 hours drive).

First, I planned my trip, booked a cheap hotel near the shop for 1 week so it would give some time to visit the area and the time for the New Era crew to install complete new top end that I bought from them(camshaft, milling the heads, custom head gaskets, valve springs, lifters, tune, rockers trunion upgrade and new TSP headers 1 7/8 and ORY). I can say they have the BEST price and if not, they price matched for me!!! Thanks again Mike!! We talked about it on the phone and exchanging tons of email, and the guys always answered all my question, even if they are in the rush of the racing season and trying to move to their new shop!!! They really could have not taken me seriously since I'm up north in Canada..which they never did. Even the language was a barrier at some point, but they did go over it

Second, comes the day that I drive up there; nice drive and no problem at all. lots of fun driving my car, as usual! So I met Ryan first; very helpful and nice guy type. He drove me to my hotel, making sure I dont waste money for a cab! That is what I called customer service!!..and I never asked for anything too! He just offered me! Nice Corvette Ryan BTW he even stopped at Taco Bell so I could grab lunch!

In third place, I thought I finally could have some rest after a night of driving alone. Slept 2 hours and the phone rang( they called me before but I was sleeping too hard!); Ryan is over the phone and he didnt have good news; the knocking sound was indeed an internal knocking sound, like I feared. But I'm no mechanic and could not be sure anyway before somebody thrust worthy tells me..

Then Ryan comes back and pick me up so we can discuss the options for me. I first met Mike and hes not fooling around and tells me whats going on; the knock is loud and the engine could blow at any time and its almost a miracle I got so many hours out of it!!

So after a talk with the guys, we went thru a lot of option, taking in account the time they have to work on the car, my budget, my goals, etc. This where it gets interesting;
Some customer left his low miles LS2 shortblock from a GTO with ARP bolts in the shop for sale! Mike offered me if I'm interested(they get zero profit outta it!) going the LS2 route. After a nice discussion about all the possible options, I ended with a LS2 shortblock, brand new hand ported/milled LS3 heads from New Era they had in stock(at a demo price), LS3 intake and conversion stuff for Gen 4!
They gave me credit for my FAST 92 intake already off my invoice and that I could leave my ported 98 heads and damaged SB at the shop for resale to anyone interested!!! I was amazed to get a LS2/LS3 build for a really nice price!

Finally, Ryan gave me 2 other rides: back to my hotel and then after to the airport to take a rental and go home!! He was using Mike's car at some point, so thanks to both of em!! Plus michael printed me like 10 invoices because I kept adding some stuff for the build, he never bothered too!!

So now the car is at New Era, getting a badass LS3 setup on it!! I'm really glad to throw my money at this great little shop, that does miracle for their customers. And since they're known in the area, they have a good flow of parts coming in and out so its really easy to find what you want, if you ever get in trouble, like I did!!!

**CLIFF NOTES**
-I get awesome price/service over the phone/email for a LS1 top end rebuild
-Drive 7 hours to new Era and my engine has an internal bearing knocking sound.
-Mike and Ryan finds a really cheap/nice way to get me out of trouble with parts laying around in the shop; LS2 SB and ported LS3 heads all at a great price while getting credit for my old engine parts!!!
-Ryan and Mike gave me 5-6 rides back and forth from my hotel to the shop and to the airport where I can get a rental and get home!
-Michael at front desk printed me like 10 invoices, cause I kept adding parts to it all that keeping the smile!
-New Era is the ****!! Go buy some parts right now from them

Last edited by Johnnystock; 04-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they always do great work, me and most of my friends have gone and gotten work done there, always very helpful glad to hear you had a great experience with them!