LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

JW Motoring - BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down JW Motoring - BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!

I ordered a custom fit car cover from JW Motoring back in April. It took A MONTH to come in. I was patient and figured it was because it was 'custom' (even though 'custom' is a stretch since all WS6 TA's would use the same cover).

Anyway, I get the cover and am happy even though I realized it was just a Coverking cover and I could have ordered it from my local auto parts store. Oh well, next time. I ordered a bag and lock along with it but didn't receive the bag. I email John and he said they'd send me one. He did.... ALMOST A MONTH LATER!!! Then when it came in, IT'S RED!!

So I was a little frustrated but I emailed him and said I should have gotten a BLUE bag to go along with my BLUE car cover. He tells me that they don't make a BLUE bag and they never specified that the bag would be BLUE!! I mean WTH??? There was no box to select what color bag you want so you would think it would match the cover right???

Also, after a customer waits ALMOST 2 MONTHS to have his order fulfilled, you would think they would do everything they could to make him happy, right?? I guess not at JW MOTORING!!!

I offered to return it but he wants me to pay for the return shipping!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!?!?! I wouldn't even buy a paperclip from JW MOTORING now. I REALLY wish I just went through my local speed shop...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes car covers take a while to ship. We note that on our site and we send emails once we have them in production to keep the communication going. This one took 15 days to produce and ship not a month.

The manufacturer did forgot the bag at first. I caught it when they shipped it and told them to send it out. Somehow in production it got behind or lost or something. I had to go to higher ups to get the issue fixed. I kept him informed and apologized about this.

Yesterday I got the notice that it shipped. He emailed me when it arrived and said it was red and it should be blue. There is no blue bag.

When someone orders a bag with the cover and there is no color that matches their cover we have a random color selected (out of 3). I've been selling these for 4 years now and have never heard a complaint about the bag color.

I offered to have it swapped for black. I would need the bag sent back obviously. All I needed was a tracking number and I would have a new one made. Not sure what happened, but his mind changed and he wanted a refund for the bag. Again I would need it sent back. If we promised him something and he got the wrong thing I would have paid for shipping. That's my policy on shipping. I'm a reasonable guy.

We never promised the OP any color for this $15 bag. He never mentioned it like he did his color choice for the Firebird bird on the front of the cover.

I wanted to work with him to make him happy, but it wasn't possible. Even after he threatened to come to the internet and his CC for a charge back (which is fraud without sending the items back). He notified us that he disputed the charge. We have prepared our paperwork for the rebuttal and will take all necessary steps to claim the payment for products that were sent to the OP.

All communication from us will be below to back up what I have said.

Last edited by JW@JWMotoring; 06-01-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

If anyone has the extra time to read this.

My emails are in red. His normal. I copied them straight from my email except the signatures I use to save space. I also edited his email address out for the spam bots.

To: "Sales@jwmotoring.com" <Sales@jwmotoring.com>
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 10:33 AM
Subject: 2002 Trans Am Car Cover

Hi,

I saw your products on LS1Tech.com and see you are a sponsor on there. I like to support the sponsors on that site and am wondering if you have any special sales/discounts for members from there. I'm interested in a blue car cover for my Navy blue metallic 02 trans am WS6. It has the ram air hood and rear spoiler. I may or may not be interested in a logo on the front. Can you do a "Trans Am" logo on the front in the same font as on the car?

Thanks,
-Mike

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:58 AM
To: Benulis, Michael G
Subject: Re: 2002 Trans Am Car Cover

Hey,

No current specials on those. They're as low as we can go.

We have the Trans Am bird as a logo option. Not sure if that's what you meant or not.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:08 PM
To: 'Jhonathan'
Subject: RE: 2002 Trans Am Car Cover

What colors can you do the embroidering in? I meant the words"Trans Am" like the emblems on the side of my car.

To: "Benulis, Michael G" <>; Jhonathan <jhonathan_w@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:54 AM

Ok so I just placed my order for a blue cover for a trans am. If you can't do the "Trans Am" I'll settle for the firebird emblem.

What colors can you do the embroidering in?

Thanks,
-Mike

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:06 AM

Yes we only have the bird not the words Trans Am.

Usually we can have them made in
Gold
Orange
Red
White
Black
Brown
Tan
Red
Drk. Blue
Green
Yellow

To: Jhonathan <jhonathan_w@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 12:53 PM

Ok. Well I was hoping for silver but since that's not available, I will take one with a red bird. The cover I ordered is Dark blue but it did not ask me what color bird?!?

Also, when can I expect to receive my cover?

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:17 PM

Custom made usually around 2 weeks. If that won't work for you let me know and we'll cancel it before it goes into production.

Thanks,
Jhonathan
JW Motoring

Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:28 PM

That's fine. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 10:46 AM Eastern Standard Time

Shipped

FedEx

http://fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumber_list=29910004420 7686&cntry_code=us

Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 9:52 AM

Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting it.

I think they forgot the bag in the package so I will have them send that one in another package.

Thanks,
Jhonathan
JW Motoring

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 8:26 AM

Ok.

To: 'Jhonathan' <jhonathan_w@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 5:16 PM

I still have not received my cover. It was supposed to be coming in a separate shipment. Did it ship yet?

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 6:25 PM

The bag or the cover?

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:02 AM

Sorry, the bag. I received the cover and am happy with it but did not receive the bag for it to be stored in.

Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:04 AM

I'm still working on this bag.

I had to get some higher ups in the company involved since this was taking way too long (for a bag). It shouldn't be much longer now.

Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:44 AM

I agree.... This is getting ridiculous. It's really a pain finding a clean place to store my cover when it's off the car. That's why I ordered the bag.

-Mike

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 09:02 AM Eastern Standard Time

Finally. Sorry for the long delay with this bag.

Fedex

To: 'Jhonathan' <jhonathan_w@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:25 PM

Just got it but the darn thing is red!! I need a dark blue one.....

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:43 PM

There is no dark blue bag.

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 7:28 AM

I do not want this red bag. Nowhere on your site does it say the only color bag is red. I'll settle for an exchange for another color or a refund for the bag portion of my order. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, I will have my credit card company reverse the charge and you can expect many negative internet reviews.

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 8:46 AM

That would be a little unnecessary all for a bag. We normally have them send whatever color they choose for the bag.

Send it in and I'll process you for a new one. Black I'm guessing?

ADDRESS

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 7:49 AM

Send me a prepaid shipping label and I'll send it in. I already waited 2 months to get this! There's no way I'm paying for shipping.

And I want a blue bag but you said they don't make it in blue, I mean WTF?? They made my cover in blue. What color bags DO they make?

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:17 AM

I realize that. I was on them the whole time and apologized for the delay.

We never promised a bag color. It simply says bag for car cover. Like I said I usually have them randomly pick one if the color option that was selected for the cover is not available.

If you want a new color you will have to send it in. We didn't send you the wrong product so we're not responsible for shipping.

Black, red, and silver are the color options for the bag style you have. http://www.coverking.com/p-53-car-cover-duffel-bag.aspx

The drawstring bag comes in silver or gray. http://www.coverking.com/p-52-car-co...rage-bags.aspx

Provide a tracking # for the return of the bag and we'll process you for one of the color choices above.

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 8:29 AM

Yes you DID send me the wrong color. I regret ever doing business with you. I want a refund for the bag. YOU will pay the return shipping. If not, I will go through my credit card.

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:59 AM

This is my last email over this bag.

Where was a bag color specified? Where did we promise a color? Keep in mind I keep all emails and invoices/product listings.

I can refund you for the bag. All you have to do is send it back in new condition.

If you choose to charge back through your CC company without sending it back that is considered fraud. We do rebuttal all CC charge backs.

Thanks,
Jhonathan

JW Motoring

This is my last one as well. I already disputed it with my CC company. I'm not paying the shipping back but will return the cover if you pay for the shipping. Good luck with scamming customers in the future.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You would almost think this thing is made of pure gold....

I want the OP to refund me the 5 minutes of my life for reading all this about a bag for a car cover that didnt come in the color he assumed it would be.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring

I offered to have it swapped for black. I would need the bag sent back obviously. All I needed was a tracking number and I would have a new one made. Not sure what happened, but his mind changed and he wanted a refund for the bag. Again I would need it sent back. If we promised him something and he got the wrong thing I would have paid for shipping. That's my policy on shipping. I'm a reasonable guy.

We never promised the OP any color for this $15 bag. He never mentioned it like he did his color choice for the Firebird bird on the front of the cover.

I wanted to work with him to make him happy, but it wasn't possible.
Let's see, there's a drop down box to select the color of the cover, not the bag.

All you had to do is send me a shipping label for the bag and I would have been happy. Apparently that's too much to ask I never refused to send it back so I'm not commiting fraud. Send me a label and you'll get it back. I'm not giving your company another penny of my money.

What happened is I decided you and your company is not one I want to do business with any longer and I don't want to wait another 2 months or whatever to receive my correct bag.

Twelvesec: Go ahead and order one then. Maybe you'll get a rainbow colored, polkadot, or zebra striped bag. You apparently never know when JW Motoring. Since they didn't explicitly say what color the bags are, it's a possibility. Or getting hypothetical on the situation, maybe if you order a FAST intake from this guy, it'll be painted pink you never said what color you wanted.

In my experience, the way a company handles small orders is the way they will handle large ones. That's why I will never do business with JW Motoring again.

Last edited by maxpower_454; 06-01-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Yes if you file a charge back without sending the product back that's fraud. If we see it come through we will pursue it as such.

I responded to the thread with all communication and my side of the story. That's all I have to say about this.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, the site says how long to expect for delivery. Yet you expected faster delivery cause your special or something? You want a cookie too? Then you cry about the color of the bag being red? Really cause you know its super important what color the bag that you STORE the cover in when its not in use is a different color.

Good lord some people find anything to cry about. Sounds like dude needs to learn to read better before ordering. Estimated shipping time is on their website so its not like they dont warn you ahead of time & then hit you with a "sorry we are outta stock" after ordering under the assumption that it is in stock.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

If you knew how to read you would have seen I was fine with the initial delivery time. Waiting 6 weeks for a bag was unacceptable.

If you guys want to flame me, go right ahead, deal with this guy and see what happens.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpower_454
If you knew how to read you would have seen I was fine with the initial delivery time. Waiting 6 weeks for a bag was unacceptable.

If you guys want to flame me, go right ahead, deal with this guy and see what happens.
Really dude?....I wouldn't care what color the bag is. If it didn't specify what color the bag is then you're done. You just ASSUMED it was the same color and you know what assume spells.

Before you tell me to go and order something from JW Motoring... I don't need anything from JW especially a car cover because I have a garage.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Really dude?....I wouldn't care what color the bag is. If it didn't specify what color the bag is then you're done. You just ASSUMED it was the same color and you know what assume spells.

Before you tell me to go and order something from JW Motoring... I don't need anything from JW especially a car cover because I have a garage.
I have a garage too. It's an indoor cover and I keep my car covered in the garage.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered one of these covers and love it. But seriously, how hard is it to put on the web site to specify what color logo or bag you want? Case closed nothing to complain about. I got my logo in white but thought it would be orange because of the two others I had seen on this site, I just thought they came in that color. Obviously there have been other issues for color specification. PUT IT ON YOUR WEB SITE TO SPECIFY COLOR GUYS!!!..........It'll take you 10 minutes.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I ordered one of these covers and love it. But seriously, how hard is it to put on the web site to specify what color logo or bag you want? Case closed nothing to complain about. I got my logo in white but thought it would be orange because of the two others I had seen on this site, I just thought they came in that color. Obviously there have been other issues for color specification. PUT IT ON YOUR WEB SITE TO SPECIFY COLOR GUYS!!!..........It'll take you 10 minutes.
FINALLY someone who agrees with me.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

How about both of you just go to a custom upholstry shop and get you one custom made. It would be quicker and you get what you want, but you know what that price is going to be.

Never really saw the point of covering my car in the garage.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, cuz that makes a lot of sense. Take 10 minutes and put it on your site, now everyones happy.

To each their own....I've always kept mine covered in my garage for almost 11 years now. Keeps little finger prints and dust off it. Paint will hold up much nicer over the years....lots of guys do the same thing. It's really simple, if you don't want to cover your car in the garage don't. Why do you care what someone else does with their car anyway?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, him caring about what someone else does with their car is about as important as what you guys are cryin about with the storage bag. Really, its that big a deal for a damn storage bag? Are you so ate up you brag about your storage bag for your car cover & get embarrassed when it doesn't match? LOL, for gods sake its to store the cover while driving the car, what color it is shouldn't even matter unless like I said already, it not being a perfect match to the cover embarrasses you & if it does you might wanna invest in a shrink cause you got bigger issues guys.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Cover of the bag wouldn't really matter to me personally. But the simplest solution is usually the best....let the customer pick the color if there are options to choose from and everyone is happy. The fact I'm still arguing about this makes my head hurt.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
LOL, him caring about what someone else does with their car is about as important as what you guys are cryin about with the storage bag. Really, its that big a deal for a damn storage bag? Are you so ate up you brag about your storage bag for your car cover & get embarrassed when it doesn't match? LOL, for gods sake its to store the cover while driving the car, what color it is shouldn't even matter unless like I said already, it not being a perfect match to the cover embarrasses you & if it does you might wanna invest in a shrink cause you got bigger issues guys.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Cover of the bag wouldn't really matter to me personally. But the simplest solution is usually the best....let the customer pick the color if there are options to choose from and everyone is happy. The fact I'm still arguing about this makes my head hurt.
Stop clicking the reply button then.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know this is old but apparently Jhonathon hasn't changed much. He basically lies to avoid accountability. The proof is in the pudding buddy, luckily I documented everything..

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...wmotoring.html

Just want others to see how little this vendor will work with his customers even when he is in the wrong. Get your corvette parts elsewhere

Dave
Old 05-21-2015, 02:13 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

This vendor is no longer an LS1 Tech sponsor.

Quick Reply: JW Motoring - BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!